Reviews

Pei Modern, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Licensed, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 7.7  6

My least favourite or all the restaurants I visited in Melbourne. It wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either. Very disappointed with this one.

Gingerboy, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian, Malaysian, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.6  52

Very tasty food, all dishes were terrific, pork belly was the stand out.

Coda Bar & Restaurant, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian, French, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.1  24

My first time here, I'm a big fan! Great service at the bar, delicious food, professional kitchen was great to watch from the bar. Can't wait to go back.

Woods, The, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 6.5  4

Average at best, maybe serve the bread warm since you have such a nice wood fired oven and it's $3.00 a slice. Why serve a stone cold purée with a warm lamb dish? Pressed potato was undercooked lacked flavour and wasn't hot, brussel sprouts swimming in vinegar, most unpleasant. Undercooked, pale flat bread, not much flavour and possibly the first time I have ever left dessert on the plate! I get maybe a little sprinkle of salt on the salted caramel dessert, but on the chocolate Swiss roll? Dessert was terrible. Sore of 2 for food as the lamb itself was quite nice.

Xenos, Crows Nest

Restaurants, Greek, Mediterranean, American Express

Overall 6.3  106

Terrible, clumbsy service, horrible food and so expensive for what you get. One of those places that makes me feel angry I wasted money going there. On the plus side, I never have to go back! I don't like leaving bad feedback when I can see that everyone is genuinely trying, no one was trying here.

More Reviews...

Overall 7.7  6

Gingerboy, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian, Malaysian, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.6  52

Very tasty food, all dishes were terrific, pork belly was the stand out.

Coda Bar & Restaurant, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Greek, Mediterranean, American Express

Overall 6.3  106

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Has Bar

Overall 7  17

Good value but I would rather pay more and get better food and better service, just warm slow cooked beef dish, flavor was reasonable, probably would have been better if served hot, overlooked pasta with prawns that were not de veined properly and indelible cannoli. Floor staff need more training as does the kitchen staff, garlic pizza was the highlight. Just enough on the wrong side of average that I probably won't go back.

Porcorosso, Waterloo

Cafes, Italian, Pizza, BYO, Licensed

Overall 8.3  7

Fantastic, fresh, delicious food, home made pasta, perfect pizza and save some room for beautiful home made cakes and other yummy desserts. Please work on your service, it was non existent! The food was so nice I'm going back anyway, but would be a much nicer experience with some level of service, not fine dining service, but the basics would be just enough to match the very relaxed atmosphere.

Mythos Taverna Bar, Leichhardt

Restaurants, Greek, Has Bar

Overall 5.5  73

1 of 3 people found the following review helpful

I am so glad I didn't read the last few reviews before I came here, I never would have come! Its a whole new place, I noticed an "under new management" sign out the front, so I guess thats why its so good. I was at a big, about 80 people, 40th birthday party as a guest, and we all had one of the best nights out in a long time, food was great, service was friendly and fun and I only had to put in $70.00 which covered heaps of food and drinks, fun enetrtainment and the place looks fantastic! Perfect for a value for money party.

Jul 10, 2012

Apollo, The, Potts Point

Restaurants, Greek, Licensed, Serves Dinner, One Good Food Hat

Overall 6.5  29

You can't always believe the hype of a new star restaurant, ie Jamie's Italian, but with this one you can! Best Greek salad I've ever had, and I can not wait to go back and have the lamb again, delicious, great service even though they are always so busy. It's hard to get in, but time it well and you should be ok.

Mar 16, 2012

Restaurants, French, Modern Australian, Modern European, Family Dining

Overall 6.3  23

I don't like to give bad reviews when I can see they are trying, which they are, but it really wasn't very good. If you were a fan of travelodge restaurants in the 80's you will probably love it! Not a very appealing menu, some of the items were terrible like the rosti, silly presentation on gigantic plates and haphazard although friendly service.

The bread was probably the worst I've ever been given in any restaurant, cheap, cold, dry. I would suggest they change it. The fillet was very nice and cooked as ordered, so not all bad.

Mar 16, 2012