Tom Phat

Vegan

Outdoor Dining

EFTPos

Overview of Tom Phat

Tom Phat offers a fusion of Southeast Asian cuisine (Think Thai, Vietnamese and Sri Lankan) and modern Australian flair. The eclectic blend of the menu is reflected in the restaurant ambience. Reed-thatched ceilings, cushion-lined couches and an elegant back dining room makes the dining experience at Tom Phat unforgettable.

Add a Review for Tom Phat

User Reviews of Tom Phat, Brunswick

Caramelised pork belly, and the whole snapper were amazing. Great pan-Asian menu at good prices.

Jan 31, 2013

Have been to Tom Phat many times. The Viet fried egg never failed us especially with Supreme coffee, the best of all. It has its ups and downs, but now it is back to its glory. Love the dinner menu, fusion of modern vietnamese and malaysian cuisines. Service is efficient and friendly. Definitely worth a visit. ***1/2 out of *****

Mar 05, 2011

After friends raving about Tom Phat for way too long I decided finally to check it out. Initially I thought it was not the place for me. Too busy and too cool. However, the servise was great, the coffee exceptional and the roti omelette amazing. Will be back soon I'm sure.

Apr 17, 2010

Good food but uninterested staff. We had to wait, wait and then howl to get anything on our table. But once it arrived it was pleasantly surprising and there's more I would like to try on quite a unique cafe menu.

Feb 06, 2010

I'm not from Melbourne, but I usually end up eating at Tom Phat at least once or twice when I'm down, mainly because they consistently serve some of the best coffee I've had in Brunswick and they present a modern and fresh take on south-east asian cuisine, I think, without being pretentious. I'm always satisfied with the flavours and quality of the food as well as the sizes of the dishes.

My only qualm with Tom Phat is the inconsistency of the service, a couple of years ago I raved about it for being friendly and having great food. Now, I feel that the service doesn't do justice to the quality of the food, the waitstaff were surly and sometimes rude during recent meals there! I'll keep going back though, because I think the food is worth it!

Nov 29, 2009

We love coming to Tom Phat! My family and I recently moved back into the area and have re-discovered our favourite restaurant. Its ambience is warm and welcoming and we just love the asian-fusion food. Our family always share and find that their portions are always good, we always leave with our bellies full and planning our next Tom Phat visit!

Sep 10, 2009

The waiters seemed uninterested in their work, but the entrees and mains were very nice. We had ordered the "Banana" fritter for dessert. What they served, however, was Plantain, a savoury type of banana. What it tasted like was potato and ice cream.

We sent the dessert back uneaten and when we got the bill, they had charged us for the dessert. After explaining why we wouldn't pay for it they responded with snarky comments and expressed their contempt for us amongst themselves. I was shocked at how we were treated. If anyone is to eat at Tom Phat, avoid the desserts and don't be surprised to see pretentious and apathetic waiters.

Aug 29, 2009

A dinner here last week for the first time and it was very enjoyable. I had sate with peanut sauce which was pretty average but a pork belly and Asian Green for a main which was really very tasty. Prices were good, drinks reasonable and overall a nice experience.

Apr 17, 2009

How refreshing to find somewhere with different take on bacon and eggs. We had monster dish of twisted roti, grilled bacon and asian-style omelette topped with roasted tomato salsa and fried shallots and the Oven Baked eggs both we really good and generous serves which we couldn't finish.

Also on the fusion menu was viet eggs fried with chilli soy and spring onion, sri scrambled eggs with spring onion, curry leaves, cherry tomatoes and crispy roti, and uncle ho's breakfast with grilled marinated pork chop, crispy fried egg, tomato, cucumber and rice and South African fruit toast with cracked wheat, sultanas and poppy seeds. They also have "normal" food, like toasted muesli, corn fritters with poached egg and smoked salmon, and a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, tomato, mushroom, avocado and hollandaise. Coffee was really good, smoothies were great too.

The lunch/dinner menu and specials board looked very enticing and we will try dinner there next time if we can stay away from the breakfast! We will return often!

Jan 31, 2009

Nice vibe. Good coffee and juices. Food is to bland. Service is always bad.

Jul 30, 2008

Tom Phat Tom Phat Tom Phat « 1 of 3 photos »

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!