Titanic Theatre Restaurant

Serves

Serves Dinner

Add a Review for Titanic Theatre Restaurant

User Reviews of Titanic Theatre Restaurant, Williamstown

Had a wonderful night for new years eve but a bit disappointed that the show did not include the count down for the New Year. So we were left with 45 minutes to go before the event. Next year it would be good if you included the count down to new year.

Jan 01, 2013

A friend and I went to this restaurant for her 20th birthday celebrations. The service throughout the process of booking tickets and hiring costumes was exemplary and made us incredibly excited for the upcoming night.

Upon arrival we were greeted by charismatic and friendly staff who were dressed in appropriate attire for 1912, and we had our photos taken as a great memento of the night. We made our way up a beautiful staircase to the first class deck where we were seated at a well presented table and immediately offered the drinks list.

We tried all of the available cocktails, which were all delicious and well worth their price, and complimented the evening's menu well. The entree showed wonderful variety and catered for everyone's tastes, and the mains were big, hearty roast dinners. We both had the chicken main, which was cooked to perfection and incredibly filling. The desserts were a great size to finish off the meal.

The entertainment was delightful, and getting up to dance was definitely one of the highlights of the night.

If you have a sense of humour and enjoy good music, food and entertainment, this is definitely an experience you need to try at least once. I recommend hiring costumes and getting dressed up, as it makes the night more special and helps to get you in the right mood for a fun night, not to be forgotten!

Aug 14, 2012

The food was average pub counter meal quality, nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about either, and the service was equally middle road, nothing to specifically criticize but nothing to recommend. However, the kicker is that those two points of mediocrity are the highlights.

We went on the 100th anniversary of the sinking and after paying $180 (yes, $180) for dinner each, and that's not including drinks, we were crow barred into seating that was literally only separated from the adjacent tables by less than two inches. And then we were forced to endure 'entertainment' which was appalling in both talent and history, topped off with a conga line of senseless people dancing and attempting to represent the carpathia rescuers.

In closing, the only time I would recommend going is to save and liberate a friend or relative who made the mistake of attending.

Aug 02, 2012

I was really excited about the Titanic restaurant. I love this era of history and though I knew it wasn't going to be highly historical, I was surprised that for $90 in first class you get repeat custom.

Firstly, the ambience is great. Beautifully decked out, and with very reasonable tablesettings, I was thinking when I walked in that we were going to be up for a great night.

Next, the entertainment was hilarious. Slightly cringey at times and with heaps of cheap humour and innuendo, it was expected and welcome. I enjoyed the chemistry between the captain and the female lead, but it really jumped the boat (lol) when the carpathia (3 guys in a material boat leading a conga line) but, not really a problem.

Unfortunately, what let them down was the food and wait staff. The entree looked like they had just brought a whole lot of frozen things and deep fried them, then put them on a plate with rocket, which would have been acceptable if they weren't dry and lukewarm. The main was also lukewarm, a choice between beef and chicken that was rather uninspired, with potatoes and carrots and beans.

The dessert was bizarre, though I heard the Pavola was ok, the plum pudding was fridge cold and maybe had a tablespoon of something I think was custard. I love plum pudding, but not cold. Ever. Why wouldn't you heat plum pudding?! The wait staff seemed over harassed and I think I got asked for drinks maybe twice. On top of that, you only get water complimentary, Even juice or soft drinks you need to pay for.

All in all I had an ok night but the 30th birthday I was planning involving a fully costumed group doesn't somehow seem likely.

Jul 29, 2012

Fantastic! Food was very nice and good range of drinks. We were in the steerage cabin and had so much fun. Kids loved it definitely going back!

Jul 23, 2012

We were on the Captains table. It was fantastic. Excellent choice of food, and the selection of wines was not the cheap label brands. Cocktails were on hand all night. Whilst a cost of $200 per head might seem expensive, our group of 11 had food and drink from 6.30pm to well after midnight. Great show great night.

Jul 03, 2012

Had a wonderful night for my husband's 50th. Birthday. The food was fantastic and the entertainment was very good. The music was a great mix of new and old and everybody got up to dance.

I will be definitely be going back. Thanks to Nando and all the staff for making the evening special to us, a night we will never forget.

Jun 18, 2012

A fun night and well run as a theatre style restaurant but let down by very ordinary food. No choice, even in First Class, which at $70 a head doesn't make for good value.

Apr 14, 2012

'Dining out again'

We went to Titanic restaurant on 11 Feb 2012 for my mothers surprise 75th birthday. We were a party of nine and had a wonderful evening. The staff were very attentive, food was very good for a theatre restaurant and the atmosphere fantastic. We all dressed up for the era and had so much fun in the first class dining room. We all agreed we would love to return and experience downstairs in steerage for a different atmosphere.

Feb 22, 2012

I went to the Titanic with my fiancé and family (last night ~ July 9, 2011) for my 25th birthday, my future Aunty's birthday and to also say goodbye to her until the next time she's over as she's going back to the Philippines on July 17.

From the time we got there, the service was fantastic. For me, it all lived up to my expectations. It was an unforgettable night. Thank-you to everyone at the Titanic for making us feel so special. We truly had a blast.

Jul 10, 2011

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!