Payal Indian Restaurant

Payal Indian Restaurant Contact Info

Indian

Add a Review for Payal Indian Restaurant

User Reviews of Payal Indian Restaurant, Dandenong

It was the worst experience I have ever had... We ordered the set banquet menu for adults. I was told by the waitress that we can not share the food with my five year old son. Basically the food I paid for, I cannot share. Wanted to order a lunch special for my son so he wouldn't feel left out but only to be told that's only available during week days. Wanted to leave but was informed by the waitress that they had started to prepare our meals. After having to put up with all these non-sense, I heard the lady from behind ordering a lunch special and later saw a father and son sharing their meals. India customers were well looked after. Unbelievable! All along they were trying to rip us off.

Jul 01, 2013

I just loved this place. From the delicious Tandoori mushroom entrée served on a hot plate to the Indian dance music playing in the background it was an enjoyable experience. The food was so tasty and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is so relaxed you can almost forget you're in a restaurant. Lovely service too. I'll be back again in the future for sure.

Mar 25, 2012

I went here with my Mother at midday on a Saturday. We were the only diners.
    Food was delicious, and served in a very timely fashion. Ambience was okay... modern, pop Indian dance music was a little annoying, but was very much in the background and wasn't off-putting.

Service was friendly and quick. 1 chicken curry, 1 paneer curry, naan and rice for $30. Couldn't finish it all, so out of the leftovers, got an extra little meal to take home.

Will definitely go back. Really enjoyed the visit. Easy to find, 50-100 meters from train station.

Feb 25, 2012

Best Indian Restaurant in Melbourne, we haven't bothered with any other since finding this one. Friendly staff, delicious food and great value for money, what more could you ask for.

Jun 06, 2010

We went to Little India and came across this place. At 7pm on a Saturday night it was near empty, but we went in anyway and were welcomed by the friendly and non pushy staff. Within 1/2 an hour the place was about 3/4s full with customers. It's not licensed, but BYO is okay. The young family near us brought their own large Coke bottle, which was okay and the little toddlers were well accommodated by the staff, that's a nice touch and it's good to see young families able to eat out without stretching the budget by not needing to buy drinks there.

Inside the place is kind of dark, but neatly presented with white paper table cloths. An unusual and humble feature is that the hand wash basin is exposed in the restaurant section but obscured by a perforated partition board, people can see you washing your hands. It's strange, very humbling, and in the end a good feature because you can see who's got clean hands!

Getting to the important stuff. The food was great, quickly delivered and good value. No probs with the all important nan bread, and we shared the vegetable jalfrezi, lamb Korma and beef vindaloo. All were tasty, fresh and well balanced with spices, textures and flavours.

So what you get here is great value food that is equally good to eat and warm and friendly service. The overriding impression I got here was the venue's humble setting, such as with the hand basin. To me I find this very unusual but kind of creates a family community kind of feel to it. It's a finger up to the establishment and the customers couldn't give two hoots either! Happy eating!

Mar 28, 2010

The food is consistently great and there is a wide variety of meals, suiting vegans and vegetarians. The mushroom masala is to die for and they have the best naan I've ever tasted.

The service is quick and the staff are always polite. The portions are bigger than those of other Indian restaurants I've been to, but the price is lower.

It's fairly quite inside - the place is generally only busy later in the evenings and on Sundays at brunch.

It's right across from Dandenong station so it's easy to get to via public transport. There's also parking available on the street and at the back of the restaurant, though it's limited.

It's great value for money and the sort of place I recommend to everyone I know - even the picky eaters.

Feb 04, 2008

Payal « 1 of 1 photos »

Related Editorial Content for Payal Indian Restaurant

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!