Mosq Restaurant & Functions

7.8

Mosq Restaurant & Functions doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 25 reviews

7.7

Mains $21.00-$31.00
Desserts $4.00-$12.00

Entrees $5.00-$12.50
Desserts $4.00-$9.00
Tapas menu with option of ordering shared platters as well. Platters range from $35.00 - $49.00
Set Menu - Mezze Delight Banquet - consisting of around 5 different dishes (roughly 9 pieces per person)

Banquet

Prices last updated:  03/2012

Bookings

Bookings are preferred
Maximum group booking size is 55
Check for availability as private functions are occasionally held at the venue.

Mon to Sun 6pm - 11pm
Remarks
Kitchen closes at 11pm unless pre booked, bar open until 1am

Entertainment/Live Music

Sundays: Bella D belly dancing from 7.30pm. Fridays/ Saturdays- live blues artists outside. Bookings are advisable as the venue caters for private functions and is therefore closed occasionally

Specialties

• Kataifi wrapped prawns with cumin yogurt
  • Beef tagine with pumpkin, sesame and apple
  • Moroccan Platter for 2: sukac sausage, calamari, falafel, corn fritters, prawns, salad and pita
  • Dessert Tasting Plate for two: Mini chocolate mousse, chocolate baklava, Turkish delights, & rose water ice cream to share $19.00

Bars

EFTPos

Overview of Mosq Restaurant & Functions

South Yarra's newest addition, Mosq is an exotic venue furnished with authentic Moroccan decor, exotic rugs, hanging lanterns, high vaulted ceilings and plush daybeds. A range of Moroccan tapas & platters, Middle Eastern cocktails, an ever changing range of craft beer, flavoured sheesha pipes and an outdoor bar & terrace complement the sensuous experience

Belly dancers perform exotic dances every Sunday and the sounds of the acoustic guitars entertain diners on Tuesday nights. Friday and Saturday nights are kick started with live blues artists on the teracce.

Add a Review for Mosq Restaurant & Functions

User Reviews of Mosq Restaurant & Functions, South Yarra

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Food  8      Drinks  7      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  8

I took some friends to Mosq for diner recently and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The restaurant looks like a middle eastern palace wow.

The waiter suggested the banquet option which gave us something from the whole menu and for only $50 per person what great value. We finished up on the heated covered terrace and had a shisha and more drinks again a fantastic feel about the place and the service was friendly and efficient. I think I might make this my regular drinking place too as the terrace bar area is a great place to mingle and share a drink and a smoke with your friends. I will be back often.

Jul 26, 2012

Food  4      Drinks  7      Ambience  8      Service  5      Value  5

Went to Mosq with some friends as I love the whole Moroccan theme after visiting the country a few years ago. Although the decor was gorgeous, that is pretty much where the pleasant experience stopped for us. I love tapas menus but found little to love about this one. The dips were plain awful, the kofte was bland and tasted like it had been made a week ago and the sweet corn fritters tasted like flour with some corn in it.

The cocktails we had were lovely but took a long time to arrive. One of the wait staff was very attentive and friendly, the other was bordering on rude.

Overall it was a fairly average experience and I won't be in any rush to go back.

Mar 26, 2012

I went here with a group of friends after Mosq had been recommended to us by a few different people. It certainly did not disappoint! As soon as you walk you in you are taken back by the attention to detail of the Moroccan decor, you feel like you are in a Middle Eastern palace! If we had been in a smaller group I would definitely have wanted to sit in one of the tucked away day beds, very romantic!

Both waiters were very attentive and helpful with great suggestions for us as we were unfamiliar with the menu. After starting with some Moroccan inspired cocktails, we ordered the Moroccan platter with heaps of different things to sample, all of them delicious and it was a great way to sample lots of things.

The portions were very generous but we still managed to fit in a choccy mousse each! The extra touches like a shisha on the terrace and even a free tarot reader made this hidden gem such a fun experience that we will definitely be returning for.

Nov 03, 2011

The waiters barely attended to our table and we struggled to even get a jug of water brought out. Service was extremely poor. The main meal arrived hours after the entree and was cold when it arrived. For starters, an entree and a main it took over three hours from start to finish and would have taken longer had we not complained. Disappointing experience and will definitely not go back.

Sep 28, 2011

My motivation for going to Mosq was based on a Living Social Voucher that advertised a banquet that was valued at $115, which I had purchased for $50.

What we got essentially was an Ok, but very small, meal for two with two glasses of average reds. I thought this meal was worth about $50 which is what I paid for it. Whilst I have no qualms for paying for what you get, but I have issues with false advertising and gimmicks to get you into the restaurant. Thus, even though I thought the food and ambience was fine, I will Never go to Mosq out of principles. Unsatisfied customer...

Aug 15, 2011

Mosq is a beautiful restaurant. Soft lighting and live music provided the perfect romantic Thursday evening ambiance. The food was fresh and delicious, the service was good and the waiter polite. It must be said that they seemed a little understaffed on the night. We will be back.

Feb 12, 2011

We went to Mosq recently for our wedding anniversary and it was fantastic. We got the best seats of the house, which is a romantic bedlike seat with plush cushions and curtains. The food was amazing! Especially the beef tagine which melted in the mouth. Great selection of cocktails too and the ambience was exotic and intimate. I have recommended Mosq to family and friends and will be going back again!

Jan 14, 2011

Mosq is a beautiful restaurant that I have highly recommended to quite a few of my friends! The atmosphere is lovely and the food is even better, good variety in tapas and main dishes. I am looking forward to my next visit!

Oct 04, 2010

We went here for the degustation night and it was absolutely amazing! From the atmosphere and surrounds, to the service and out of this world food, this is a spot to remember. The cocktails are unique and so yummy and the food is brilliant. We are definitely coming back!

Oct 03, 2010

Wife and I went there for dinner and loved it. Food was brilliant, service very friendly and personal, atmosphere warm and inviting. Highly recommend!

Jun 30, 2010

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions Terrace Mosq Restaurant & Functions Mosq Restaurant & Functions « 1 of 10 photos »