Bussaracum Thai Restaurant

6.6

Bussaracum Thai Restaurant doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 4 reviews

6.7

Thai

Available

Add a Review for Bussaracum Thai Restaurant

User Reviews of Bussaracum Thai Restaurant, Ivanhoe

First time I have ever complained about something and I have had a few bad meals along the journey like we all have. We ordered takeaway and for $50 had enough food to feed me just wish I could show you the photo's. The fish from Ivanhoe fish and Chips is far superior and cheaper than this restaurant. Our food was basically sauce with token pieces of capsicum and few bits of pumpkin, the red curry I am sure was purchased from Cole's Ivanhoe. Really poor bad value and when I called could not care. Looking forward to better value and most importantly quality in Ivanhoe for Thai food, would not recommend if you hadn't guest. A cheap packet Thai would have more flavour and I am sure the mixed entrée I am 200% was frozen food. Just saw the photo bit so here you go. Check out the size of one serve of Roti bread and the mixed entrée.

Our $50 meal One serve of Roti

Aug 03, 2012

Our small gathering of staunch vegetarian diners discovered a problem with an entree way too late. No use complaining too vigorously, the staff seemed little older than children, we decided to walk, and were charged for our undelivered orders as well. A good grasp of english comprehension is very important for table/kitchen staff.

Jul 21, 2010

Great restaurant if you like Thai, have enjoyed going to this restaurant for years and it hasn't changed since new owners took over, extremely well priced food and drinks that won't break the bank, upstairs and not easy to find so make sure you get good directions.

Jun 28, 2010

I visited this lovely Thai restaurant for the first time on a Friday night looking for a delicious Thai experience as well as a dining out experience that was not too hostile to my wallet. I was delightfully surprised. This restaurant is upstairs and there is limited views of Melbourne and a view of the street below. This adds to the ambience of the restaurant which was attractive and welcoming.

I took the precaution of booking and was glad I did, as most tables were reserved (obviously a well known and visited venue) and there were only a couple of tables for two persons available for those walking up. The restaurant filled quickly after 7.00 pm so a full house of enthusiastic diners - most looking as if they had dined at Bussaracum before.

The food was scrumptious. We elected to have banquet "A" for two persons. This included a yummy entree, nicely presented with varying tastes - all scrumptious and importantly the food was "hot". This was followed by two main meals served with coconut rice. My husband loves green curry so he was well pleased with his dish. The other dish was also a lovely serving of beef with vegetables and sauce (I can't remember the name of it). The banquet included coffee as well - all for the very reasonable price of $51.00 ($25.50 each). This is a byo restaurant and we brought our own wine - corkage was $4.00 - very reasonable. The house wines were approximately $16.00 each, some $22.00.

The only minor criticism was that the waiter forgot to deliver our coffee and after a half hour wait we left without our coffee because my husband wanted to get home to watch the AFL footy on TV. We would recommend this restaurant for a pleasant and delicious Thai cuisine experience, an appealing ambience and great value for money. The service was reasonable, apart from forgetting our coffee.

May 18, 2008

Our $50 meal One serve of Roti

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!