Pine Grove Hotel

4.1

Pine Grove Hotel doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 4 reviews

4.8

Pubs

Add a Review for Pine Grove Hotel

User Reviews of Pine Grove Hotel, Beaconsfield Upper

Food  7      Drinks  7      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  7

I grew up in this area and have seen the Pine Grove Hotel through some seriously bad times food and service-wise. Having eaten there several times over this recent summer I was really pleasantly surprised. The new deck overlooking the winery is really lovely on a summers night. The menu is quite varied and reasonably priced. I have really enjoyed the seafood linguini in particular. They are a little light on vegetarian dishes, which I hope they'll improve. I'm looking forward to securing the table by the fire when the weather cools down.

Apr 02, 2012

Food  3      Drinks  3      Ambience  6      Service  3      Value  3

Meals took an hour and ten minutes to arrive from time we ordered. Their Famous Chicken Parma was more like a Bread Crumb Parma. Thick layers of bread crumbs with a 3mm sliver of chicken in the middle. When we complained about the time the meals took we were offered complimentary coffees after our meals. After we finished out meals we sat for another half hour waiting for our plates to be collected and a follow up for those coffees. Decided to leave instead. Very poor service and food.

Feb 14, 2011

Food  3      Drinks  2      Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  2

When we got there we waited to be seated but a few staff just walked straight past us not even acknowledging that we were waiting. After 30 minutes after we ordered our mains they came up to our table to ask if they had the correct order which didn't really make sense after all that time.

The meals were a decent size but few of the meals didn't have sauce or parmesan cheese on them even though the menu said otherwise. The size of the cake for dessert was definitely worth the money but when we asked to take it home they cut it in half and kept one half for them and put the remaining in a container for us which was just wrong to do.

Maybe we picked a bad day to go but the service was just terrible and will not go back there. There are a lot better places around that area that are better value.

Feb 07, 2011

Food is fairly good but it was ruined with how we were treated as we had two family members in wheelchairs with us on a very busy night for them and they stuck us in a corner and it was nearly impossible to move. I complained to the manager who took my name and address to send me a voucher for another meal but this never arrived. From the moment we got there we were treated like they didn't want us there. It was a buffet meal and I think they saw the wheelchairs as a pest. Beautiful location, fairly good food.

Nov 13, 2010

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!