Old England Hotel

Pubs

Add a Review for Old England Hotel

User Reviews of Old England Hotel, Heidelberg

Food  9      Drinks  8      Ambience  8      Service  9      Value  10

The food is always good, the staff are friendly and courteous. Lovely old building, we keep going back! It's always busy, you'll need to book.

Apr 01, 2012

Food  2      Drinks  2      Ambience  8      Service  6      Value  1

Over priced for the quality. I had the roast beef. Tough and not eatable
    Wife had Stir Fry Noodles. Found half a mushroom, 10th of an omelette. Tasteless. The only dish everyone seemed to enjoy was the fish and chips. Never again.

Apr 16, 2011

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  9

Excellent establishment, I always heard great things about this hotel and I was certainly not disappointed. We were in the dining room and absolutely loved it. For the extra $3 per head for full table service I think this is great value. After our meals we sat in the lounge for a few drinks and enjoyed the live music. The food was superb and the staff were excellent I will be definitely will be coming back soon.

Jul 02, 2010

Food  1      Drinks  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

I will never dine at OE again. If you are served by a rude obnoxious teenage loud mouth, run far far away! My partner is intolerant to garlic and cannot eat any of it. Everything, according to the staff has garlic in it (yes even the steamed vegies), asking the "chefs" to find out which food has garlic, or to make something without garlic is all too hard and can't be done and the "specials" cannot have any substitutions, even though the menu says "gluten and wheat free available on special request". What a joke.

I can get better service at McDonalds. The senior staff insulted me further by saying there must be a "miscommunication" LOL yeah, the staff was too busy listening to the sound of her own voice to hear what I was requesting. Oh and when we finally did get the special without garlic, they forgot the chips. And my food was awful too, the "glass noodles" were drenched in oil and the whole thing tasted stale.

May 18, 2010

Food  1      Drinks  1      Ambience  3      Service  3      Value  1

20 of us ate at the OE and it was awful. 2 people sent their meal back and we still got charged. Shocking customer service. We were also charged $3 per person extra because we were in the dining room. We booked for 25 and only 20 turned up and they still wanted to charge $15 for the 5 people that didn't turn up! What a load of disappointment! 20 people to tell 10 people never to go to the OE that makes 200 less customers! Back to the Henry Barkly for BCC girls!

Apr 22, 2010

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  8

One of the better "Bistro" Pubs. It is often busy, and booking is clearly needed, but we had a pleasant drink (or two) in the lounge and enjoyed the live music. Food was worth the wait and beers on tap were very good.

Apr 11, 2010

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  7

This place is in the middle of nowhere, on an ugly strip. However once you are inside, it feels that you are somewhere else. Once you walk in, it gives you the feel of suburban bistro but it's more. Restaurant is busy with grey army and families, however it doesn't seem too noisy or chaotic. Service is friendly and attentive, menu quite big. Servings are big and meals tasty.

Oct 26, 2008

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  7

I absoultely enjoyed my night at this hotel. For a busy Saturday night the service was very good. The food was sensational. We had seafood risotto and herb crusted cutlets. The deserts are to die for. Yummy. Atmosphere great. We will definitely visit again.

Aug 24, 2008

Food  5      Drinks  5      Ambience  7      Service  5      Value  5

Have dined here many times over the years and have to say my last experience a week ago was disappointed. Menu is on the expensive side and the quality was not up to the standards of the past.

Had the Chicken Parma served with avocado and salmon, chicken was dry and overall meal including chips were on the just warm side, needed salt, pepper and definitely something to make the meal more interesting. The warm bread rolls were a delight and the atmosphere is old world charm.

Be sure to book on busy nights. Will go back with the hope that I catch the chef on a better night.

Jun 09, 2008

Food  7      Drinks  7      Ambience  6      Service  6      Value  5

Big, popular pub with good pub food. Decor is pleasant enough, trying to be posh but not succeeding. Big serves and a few dishes beyond the usual but not cheap with most mains around $20 - 26.

Apr 24, 2008

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!