Castello's Kealba Hotel

Add a Review for Castello's Kealba Hotel

User Reviews of Castello's Kealba Hotel

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Food  1      Drinks  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

Worst chicken n mushroom serving size for mains in all of history...

Jan 29, 2013

Food  9      Drinks  7      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  9

Great value for money meals. Large portions and very good quality. Huge play ground for the kids to keep them entertained all night. Service was prompt and very friendly. The pizzas were tasty and the Asian meals were surprisingly authentic.

After revisiting the Kealba, we decided to go along to the kids entertainment in the bistro with Andy's Antics on Tuesday nights. My kids loved it and the budget buster meal deal was great value. Four meals for $40. I had a parma which was succulent and my wife had the fish and chips. Although the chips were a bit soft, the fish was cooked to perfection.

Chicken Parma

Nov 30, 2012

Food  5      Drinks  8      Ambience  8      Service  5      Value  2

Ok, so after reading all the bad reviews yesterday, I was quite skeptical on trying this place out, but went ahead with our dinner booking anyway. It was our first time eating here even though we're locals.

Anyway, the place itself looks nice inside and the menu has a lot to choose from. I ordered a chicken wrap ($18.90) which came with chips and I paid extra for a garden salad. When the food got to the table, I was honestly shocked at how tiny the wrap was. Wow. So Not worth that amount of money. You can go to McDonald's and get more value for money and pay half (or less) the price. I really wish I could have told some1 there what a rip off it was, but who do you speak to?

My hubby's burger was so burnt on one side (no kidding!). I told him to take it back but he didn't cos he was so hungry. My Mum's parma was the only decent meal on the table. We ordered an apple pie for dessert which is supposed to have icecream with it but when it came out.. no icecream! When my hubby asked for some, the waitress said they're out of vanilla so he asked for another flavour (as they scoop it out of a freezer behind a window that's on show and there's about 6 different flavours there).

Such bad service. She should have apologised while putting it on the table and asked if he would like an alternative flavour. They really need to train their staff better! My Mum was leaning over my baby's pram while sitting down and a waitress came from behind her to take her finished plate without warning her and brushed the plate against her top, knocking the fork off and staining her top. Those things happen, but at least warn someone you're there.

Would we go again? Not in the near future! It's such a shame as the place has such potential. If they put the prices down, or at least have decent servings to match the price, train their staff a little better and maybe change the kitchen staffs or train them better, the place would be a lot more popular. I really hope they read these reviews!

Jan 25, 2012

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  10

3 adults, 4 kids under 6. Staff couldn't have been more accommodating, food was far superior to what we expected, kids loved the huge playroom, [including supervision and face painting!] ambience relaxing and friendly. We shall return!
    and Denicon [2008], if you are still 'reviewing' restaurants Lambs fry is Liver!

Jan 07, 2012

Food  2      Drinks  6      Ambience  6      Service  6      Value  2

Went tonight for my birthday, the food was horrible, no flavour, undercooked vegetables, indian lamb korma - the sauce was like water and the rice was like it was heated in the microwave & out of a packet, the chicken parma had hardly any melted cheese and sauce, what a big disappointment for the money that we paid, never go back there again unless you change your chefs in the kitchen. The ambience, setting, waiting staff were great, your chefs let you down big time.

Nov 19, 2011

Food  1      Drinks  3      Ambience  2      Service  5      Value  1

I've been to Costellos in the pass and have found there food to be okay but tonight the food was horrible. I had the chewy veal with old lumpy mash with a clunky, oily white sauce. I didn't no where my mash ended and the sauce started. It was a sea of white mess on my plate! My kids got hot dogs and coz I could barely eat mine I asked for a bite of there's to find the had old hard bread rolls, which where stiff on the bottom. You think a hotdog wouldn't be so hard to get right! I would except ok food so my kids can have fun in their great indoor playground but with bad main meals and bad kids meals at $70 I defiantly won't be returning!

Sep 12, 2011

Food  8      Drinks  7      Ambience  6      Service  9      Value  9

New menu from last time, much improved! I had the whole snapper which was massive. Kids were in play area with the free face painter which is a bonus. Makes dining with the kids much more enjoyable, well worth trying.

May 30, 2011

Food  1      Drinks  5      Ambience  3      Service  3      Value  1

Bad food, no value for money at all, never go back.

May 11, 2011

Food  3      Drinks  3      Ambience  3      Service  2      Value  3

I always worry about eating at places with gaming machines because they don't need good food to make money. I went there purely because it was my niece's birthday and there was a play area for kids, so my sister thought it a good idea to celebrate here. My suspicions were correct the food was below average for standard pub fare, if you can't get basic things like chips right what hope have you got.

I went to the bar to get a glass of water and was informed by the girl behind the bar that I could help myself at the end of the bar. I then asked for a glass and she pointed to a tray of plastic kids glasses that were clearly dirty and said use one of those. When I objected and stated these glasses were dirty and I was hoping for some ice she took umbridge at me, luckily another girl behind the bar stepped in and gave me a real glass that was clean with some ice.

I was also given a flat beer from the tap that was clearly flat and was only exchanged after I requested it. The staff also didn't know how to pour a beer or pronounce pinot, please train your staff on the basics. This place needs to work on it's customer service and food, otherwise, it should just close the kitchen and be purely a pokies venue.

Jan 15, 2011

Food  1      Drinks  1      Ambience  10      Service  1      Value  1

Ordered chicken parmigiana with vegetables, and got a salad with it, I informed the waiter, but it was brought back with the insistence I ordered the salad so I have to consume it. The chicken parmigiana was horrid as it had no tomato and very little bacon, it was the worst meal ever encountered!

Jul 19, 2010

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Chicken Parma

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!