Fresh User Reviews in Melbourne

BillDiep reviewed C J Cafe, Preston

Cafes, Modern Australian, Good For Groups, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 8.6  1

Food  9      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  10      Value  9

Quality food, well service and great value.

Tiny Dancer reviewed Club Caroline Springs, The, Caroline Springs

Cafes, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Child Friendly Play Area

Overall 5.8  1

Food  5      Coffee  6      Ambience  5      Service  7      Value  6

We went here for dinner specifically because of the children's play area. It was closed which was very annoying. It was a cold night but as any parent knows kids don't care about that. Then we were informed that we should have made a booking. This is a Bistro, not a restaurant. You have to order at the counter therefore it should be first in, first served. We were told we could sit in the lounge area which we did.

I had the Chicken Schnitzel with chips & salad. It wasn't very good. The Schnitzel was not cooked to a golden brown colour. That made the crumb soggy, oily & not very appetising. The chicken inside was only just cooked. My partner had a steak which was OK. I will say though the meals are huge. Looking around at what others were having their meals looked better than ours. So perhaps we just chose the wrong things.

Anyway, this could be a great establishment. They should go have a look at the RSL's in NSW for some tips.

mikeeater reviewed Lazy Moe's, Tullamarine

Restaurants, Has Bar

Overall 5.2  26

Normally, I am a huge fan of Lazy Moes. I have nothing but praise for the one located in Maidstone. However, after a one-off visit to the Mickelham Rd establishment, I will never again return to this restaurant. After waiting over an hour for an overcooked steak, which I could overlooked, I finished my salad to find a huge fly floating in salad dressing in the bowl. After politely alerting the staff, the terrible manager came over, offered no apology, no replacement and was going to charge me for the meal! After refusing to pay for the disgusting meal, he yelled to my face to never return. No worries mate. I won't. Seriously, no one should go to that hole except the health department.

chiaeater reviewed Chin Chin & Go Go Bar, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian Fusion, Thai, Vietnamese, Good Wine List

Overall 7.9  20

Loved this place! You may need to wait for a table but food is worth it. We tried quite early Sat night and it was already a 90 minute wait so we decided not to wait as we had our 2 kids who were starving. Went again Sunday lunch and luckily got a table without waiting too long. The service is fantastic, atmosphere fantastic. The cookbook is really funky too! Will be going back again :)

pakenhamracing reviewed Cardinia Club, Pakenham

Pubs, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups

Overall 8.9  2

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  10

The Chicken & Mushroom Risotto is amazing. Yum!

Yoyo M. reviewed Pheast 48, Armadale

Cafes, European, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 8.7  3

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Friendly staff, best corn fritters.

Jul 20, 2014

C T. reviewed Professors Pizza, Watsonia

Restaurants, Pizza

Overall 8.5  1

Awesome food, staff and manager always great to deal with. Altering pizzas and changes to menu not an issue. Not a traditional dine in restaurant though.

Restaurants, Asian

Overall 5.5  1

The dumplings are fantastic. The rest of the menu is hit or miss. Some dishes are full of flavor, others very bland.

Sheggyspaghetti reviewed Bistro Vue, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, French, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.3  32

Last night my daughter and I dined at Bistro Vue, we have previously eaten there three or four times and enjoyed our meal. Although my daughter enjoyed her Pasta with Truffles, I cannot say that I enjoyed my meal Pied de cochon. Described by the waitress as a deboned pigs foot filled with a chicken mousse, rolled and cooked in a water bath, then lightly fried. It was tasty until I bit down on the first bone, in all I picked out 8 bones and 2 shards. After telling the waitress, a person who I assumed was the chef came and explained that they left the bones in the foot to make it look like a pig's foot.

This was utter nonsense as the bones were distributed throughout the length of the sausage shape, not at one end where one would assume the toes would be. I was disappointed in the meal and in the rather silly excuse and would suggest that a warning be given to diners who might choose this meal (if it continues to be on the menu) that there are bones left in, and to check carefully before biting down to avoid damage to one's teeth. I can state categorically that had I chipped or broken a tooth last night Bistro Vue would be getting a bill for my dental expenses.

Jul 19, 2014

morryeats reviewed Vinhlong Restaurant, Lalor

Overall 8.7  2

Vinhlong has become our goto local noodle house. Big helpings, great stock in the pho. I always go for Special Beef, with the wife changing it up and making her way through the menu one delicious meal at a time. The food here is as good as Laksa King.

Sutho reviewed Terra Rossa Restaurant Bar, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Italian, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Spanish

Overall 6.8  31

It was busy but the staff really did their best and were most accommodating. Food was delicious although one person didn't like their pasta, couldn't taste pumpkin at all.

Jul 18, 2014

Matt W. reviewed Mister Fox, Ringwood

Cafes

Overall 10  1

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

The golfers are keeping this place a secret! It's a hidden gem! I was expecting a typical suburban cafe, shocked is an understatement! Brilliant strong coffee, must be close to 20 craft beers, food great and everything was ridiculously cheap! Like lawn bowls club pricing. I've found my new golf course!

Jul 18, 2014

Katlyn S. reviewed Edamama, Docklands

Cafes, American, Salads, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 9  1

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  9

Love their soy latte and almond croissant! Always great services.

Jul 17, 2014

Jack M. reviewed Artusi, Southbank

Restaurants, Italian, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 5  2

Great view of the Yarra & the City. Good tunes & cosy atmosphere. Decent wine list. Staff attentive to theatre goers. Food is good too.

Mobile Review Jul 17, 2014

3190 reviewed Krishna, Cheltenham East

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Licensed

Overall 8.2  3

The food is always fantastic. Good size servings, staff are always friendly. Worth the drive. Licensed or byo. There is even a bottle shop next door.

Mobile Review Jul 17, 2014

irritabletravel reviewed Grill'd, Carnegie

Restaurants, Burger, International, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.8  1

I have fructose malabsorption, and so I need to particularly avoid wheat, onion & garlic, which can make getting a burger tricky. However, Grill'd Carnegie makes tasty burgers and chips, and the staff are good about adjusting (within the parameters of the menu) the ingredients for food intolerances. I go here whenever I get a burger craving.

Jul 16, 2014

Shelly J. reviewed Misty's Diner, Prahran

Restaurants, American, Vegetarian, Child Friendly Menus, Serves Breakfast

Overall 6.3  27

I went with my son and husband last week for lunch. Just as we arrived, a young waitress seated us into a booth (which my son loved). She quickly brought out a jug of water and a kids menu for my son. All three of us ordered burgers, Double whammy, get in my belly and mistys sliders. She took our order and her t-shirt said she was a trainee, yet she was incredibly fast at taking our order. Our food came quickly and it was delicious. Massive servings that's for sure. She even got us a take away box to put the rest of our food in it. I had a great time there with my family and my husband gave that girl a tip. She was bubbly and friendly. Considering she was a trainee, she did an amazing job! Pretty sure her name tag said Sara or Sarah.

Jul 16, 2014

Cake Shops and Patisseries, Chocolate Stores, French, Serves Takeaway, Handmade

Overall 8.8  1

Their hot chocolates, come self-serve as such, with brewed milk in the mug and hot chocolate of your choice on the side, and you mix it to your taste, a fun concept as I see it, something different to just being presented with a single glass of hot chocolate. Cacao lab comes highly recommended, a must visit for your next foodie trip to Melbourne.

Sean K. reviewed Moon Under Water, Fitzroy

Restaurants, European, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 7  1

Gee, it's white in here. Extremely white. And, is that a rooster in the cupboard? Next to the old sailing ship? I'm afraid of what might be in the vacant cabinet. Frogs? Hang on, let me put my sun glasses on. Ah, that's better...

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 7  1

Basic Chinese restaurant in the suburbs. Good for a once/month chew.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next