Fresh User Reviews in Melbourne

4jonsey reviewed Acqua e Vino, Yarraville

Bars, Good For Groups, Private Room, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 6.9  7

Drinks  1      Ambience  1      Service  1

One of the worst meals i have ever tried to eat. Ribs were so tough you couldn't eat them and the prawn curry was curry flavoured water. Definitely would not recommend.

Mobile Review Feb 21, 2015

Restaurants, Indian, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 7  3

I have tried many different Indian restaurants. Apna Tandoori Restaurant is the best. They have the best Indian food in Sunbury. They also have very good service. I really like it. Thank you.

Feb 20, 2015

Sundae reviewed La Spaghettata Restaurant, Carlton

Restaurants, Italian, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 5.3  11

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful

There were seven of us ordering a variety of meals. For most of the night, La Spaghettata Restaurant was about 50% full. We had bruschetta al pomodoro for appetizer. The waiter did not know the Italian pronunciation and proceeded to correct me when I gave the correct pronunciation. It was served on a pizza base, which was nice and cheap. The topping was basically just cut up tomatoes. There were little to no onions, garlic, basil or anything else even though these were advertised on the menu. There were really long delays serving the main course and the desserts.

Without exaggeration, there was a 10-minute delay delivering the first and last main course and over 20 minutes with the desserts. So the first main meals served went cold. In 2015 in Melbourne that was pathetic. The pasta was undercooked--on Lygon Street! Give me a break. The prawns tasted old and were poorly cooked. The chicken parmigiana was dreadfully served--just sloped on the plate without thought of appearance and looked burned on the edges. The crepes were under cooked, tough and dreadful. The service was shocking. At one point, I was leaning on my menu as I talked with the person next to me. The waiter just pulled the menu away while I was talking. A truly awful experience.

Feb 20, 2015

Alihawk reviewed Bluebag, Melbourne CBD

Cafes

Overall 6.5  1

My favourite sandwich from Bluebag is the Green Salad. It's usually made on dark rye but there are choices with Kale Hummus, Feta, Avocado & Salad. It's a light but delicious lunch option. The range of sandwiches is quite good and there's salads, too. It's got a nice vibe to it. It has a very nice service, too. Thank you.

Mobile Review Feb 19, 2015

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 6.8  22

Food is worth the visit but don't expect good service. The staff just didn't want to be here. Haven't had a pizza this good since Italy. Everyone eating here seemed to be happy so I was too. Prices are reasonable. Will come here again.

Mobile Review Feb 18, 2015

Tiny Dancer reviewed 5 Lire, North Melbourne

Restaurants, Italian, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups, Serves Breakfast

Overall 6  1

I ordered the Smashed Peas on sourdough with Buffalo Mozzarella & (what can only be described as) Salami Paste. The taste was quite pleasant but I was expecting it to be warm. It was stone cold from the fridge which made it very unpalatable. I really struggled to eat it as cold mushy peas are not very appealing. It's a shame as it could have been great. Why they did not think to heat up all the elements is beyond me. At least the coffee was good.

Feb 18, 2015

Aimee L. reviewed A Mano, Brighton

Restaurants, Pizza, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 9.8  1

Beautiful food and service! An excellent dining experience.

Mobile Review Feb 15, 2015

wysiwyg reviewed Babycino on Main, Point Cook

Cafes

Overall 6  1

Food  8      Coffee  9      Ambience  1      Service  4      Value  8

If you're looking for somewhere to relax over a coffee or light lunch forget this place. The place is so loud you can't hear yourself think. Not helped by the loud music they play or the fact that the staff (none of whom seemed capable of cracking a smile) shout at each other from one end of the place to the other. Could possibly excuse this if they were talking about an order or something remotely connected to their work but no you, the customer, get to hear all about their social life.

I tried going outside but couldn't stand the cigarette smokers so went back inside. Staff so busy discussing what should have been their own private business they couldn't even get a simple croissant order right. Sent it back; had to wait for a replacement - no apology. To add insult to injury coffee was lukewarm so, instead of being able to linger over it and relax, had to gulp it down before it went completely cold. I've been here once before, a year or so ago, and it was the same so clearly they don't much care whether they get repeat custom. Never again!

Feb 13, 2015

Tiny Dancer reviewed Dumpling Wise, Taylors Lakes

Restaurants, Asian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 7  1

Really good food. Went as a group for lunch and ordered all sorts of dishes. Everyone agreed the dumplings were a standout. The Sichuan Pepper Chicken said it came with peanuts but we couldn't find a single one. The only disappointing dish we had (although still tasty). Staff were friendly but flustered at how busy they were & forgot to bring certain items.

Feb 13, 2015

Tiny Dancer reviewed T.G.I. Friday's, Epping

Restaurants, American

Overall 6.3  1

Not amazing but wasn't expecting it to be. I had the Buffalo Chicken Tacos that were quite nice & spicy but no where near enough blue cheese sauce. My friend had the Jack Daniels Burger. The glaze was delicious but apart from that he found it ordinary. Service was really good. Definitely suited to those with kids or a large family group.

Feb 11, 2015

WhisperingFis reviewed Glass Den, Coburg

Overall 9  1

I had the butter milk and blueberry pancakes which were everything I hoped for - they melted into my mouth so smoothly - delicious! Great service as always!

Feb 10, 2015

Onara reviewed Riverside Teppanyaki, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Japanese, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 2.8  2

Awful food. Much like I'd expect to get in a suburban food court, or a railway station.

Feb 08, 2015

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Has Bar, Licensed, Gluten Free

Overall 7.1  46

This was one of our favourite places. They have now changed the decor to be more like a pub bistro away from the "fine dining"; not a fan.

I ordered a eye fillet (250g) and requested rare. The meat was so salty I struggled a bit to eat it, and it was cooked med - well done; miles away from what I like. Ruined a beautiful cut of meat. I also asked for a side of green beans and broccolini, again they were heavily salted. The meal was supposed to come with asparagus, but they obviously didn't have any and gave me more salted broccolini... Wonderful. For $38, I wasn't that impressed. Also, there was no fish of the day... No fish, really?

The wife had the lamb, again so salty (even more so than mine) it was difficult to eat. Unfortunately we won't be back. Sad as we were regulars.

Feb 07, 2015

Mwmw $. reviewed Chin Chin & Go Go Bar, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian Fusion, Thai, Vietnamese, Good Wine List

Overall 8.1  23

It's a Thai Fusion with a twist. The food has full flavour and almost every single dish has lots of fresh herbs. The ambiance is pretty good but it's pretty noisy.

Mobile Review Feb 06, 2015

Tinder reviewed Apna Tandoori Restaurant, Sunbury

Restaurants, Indian, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 7  3

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful

Highly recommend this restaurant, went with my family, kids loved naan and butter chicken, so friendly staff and chef cooked so delicious food with dessert. Thanks to staff and chef, we will be coming soon! Well presented and very welcoming staff.

Feb 05, 2015

Overall 8.4  2

I've eaten at Hughies with my husband approx. 5 times. Occasionally some problems with the service (at the kitchen end) but the quality of the meals adequately compensates for any occasional delays.

The food is consistently of a very good quality; matched only by the excellent value provided. I sincerely hope that this place improves increasingly popular as it deserves to do very well.

Feb 05, 2015

HeavyHeart reviewed Hopetoun Tea Rooms, Melbourne CBD

Tea Rooms, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Teahouse

Overall 5.9  11

Food  5      Drinks  5      Ambience  5      Service  6      Value  4

So disappointing! I use to enjoy visiting here for breakfast but after my last experience over the weekend I will not be eating here again. I ordered poached eggs with sourdough toast. I only got 1 piece of toast, apparently this is standard! Well unfortunately one piece isn't going to cut if for 2 eggs! My husband already finished his breakfast and I was still waiting for my other piece of toast. The rest of my breakfast was cold by the time my toast arrived. The staff were not friendly. A little pushy. Very disappointing considering this tearoom is quite a quirky little cafe.

HeavyHeart reviewed Cafe Andiamo, Melbourne CBD

Cafes, Burger, Licensed, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 7.2  7

Food  8      Coffee  10      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  9

My husband and I always dine at Cafe Andiamo for breakfast when we visit Melbourne. The outdoor seating in the Lane way gives you a true feel for. Melbourne. The coffee is great, we always order 2! Breakfast is great and is a good portion size. The food is tasty and is a good decent breakfast, none of this fancy twisted breakfasts. The staff are friendly, at times a little slow but we can understand that because this place is always constantly busy. We look forward to dining here again when in Melbourne next and would gladly recommend to friends.

HeavyHeart reviewed Gradi, Southbank

Restaurants, Italian, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 9.5  1

My husband and I were in Melbourne for the tennis and we decided to eat at Gradi after reading about it on the Crowne website. We were expecting to show up at a typical Pizzeria, but we were completely wrong. Gradi is a very well presented flange sized restaurant. The hanging cured meats in the glass window as your all in impressive. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The menu had a great selection of food. Everything sounded fabulous that it made it hard for us to decide.

My husband and I had a serve of arancini for entree which were really flavoursome. We also shared a small margharetta pizza which was more of a medium size, and tasted great.
I had the home made gnocchi for my main which was probably the best gnocchi I have ever had. So flavoursome and delicious, and a great portion size. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and will definitely be back when visiting Melbourne again. Thank you Gradi for making our dining experience one to remember.

HeavyHeart reviewed Rosetta, Southbank

Restaurants, Italian, Outdoor Dining, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 8.7  4

Rosetta is amazing. My husband and I travelled to Melbourne for the tennis and decided to make a dinner reservation here after seeing in on the Crowne website. When we arrived early our table was already ready for us. The ambience and decor of this restaurant is so enchanting and charming and has a royal like feel to it. The menu is fabulous, it was hard to decide on what to eat. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meals were surprisingly well sized. We were expecting small fancy portion sizes, but we were proven wrong. My husband and I both had the Veal for our mains and we shared the a Chocolate Doughnut for dessert! We enjoyed every aspect of this dining experience and will definitely be dining here when in Melbourne again, and recommending to our friends.
Thank you Rosetta for a great dining experience.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next