Fresh User Reviews in Melbourne

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 520

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 1  1

Worst service in Australia. The old woman taking orders wears track pants with moccasins and screams at you as you enter asking if you have a reservation when the place is empty. Middle of winter she sat my one year old daughter and I in the doorway and propped the door open. I then requested the Peking pork dumplings with special sauce to be pan fried instead of boiled. They have done it for me many times before but this time she says 'No! Can't do!'. After a bit of arguing I said fine, I'd have something else, but when our meals came she brought us the Peking pork dumplings, boiled, no sauce! This isn't the first terrible experience at here but it will be the last. Just the nastiest, most unfriendly, spiteful waitress in the universe. Horror service.

vfvf reviewed Lambs Restaurant, Carlton

Restaurants, Greek, Has Bar, Has Cafe

Overall 3.4  8

Terrible service. Asked for a high chair, and the waitress gestured to my one year old and asked 'is it for her?'. Uh, yes, clearly... No baby change facility! I had to lay my child on the lid of the toilet to change her. Absolutely the most appalling experience. Disgusting toilets. Worst.

Tiny Dancer reviewed Jack & Daisy, Pascoe Vale

Cafes, Modern European, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Outdoor Dining

Overall 6.8  1

Food  5      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  6

Stopped in here for breakfast. Service was quick & friendly. Really liked my coffee and the chocolate art on top was very impressive. Ordered the Corn Fritters with Bacon, Beetroot Relish, Chive Creme Fraiche & a poached egg on top. To be honest, I did not like the flavour or texture of the Fritters. There wasn't enough of the Creme Fraiche so the whole thing felt doughy & hard to eat. The Poached Egg wasn't quite cooked enough so some of the white was still runny. I would return for coffee but probably not to eat.

Sarok reviewed Mamame' Eatery and Bar, Richmond

Bars, Asian Fusion, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining, Serves Lunch

Overall 9.5  2

Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  8

Delicious, I had the bulgogi which was amazing. The spicy sauce they put with it is Korean flavored ambrosia. I also had the prawn dumplings in broth. Now, the dumplings were fine, I was hoping for more prawn (more of a surf n turf experience), but the BROTH was beautiful. Smooth, flavorful, I can't sing it's praises enough. Not to mention the wonderfully tender brisket served beneath the dumplings. It melted in my mouth. Slices of heaven! I asked them if they could make soup with it - if they made soup with that broth and that brisket, I wouldn't be able to stop eating it! Can't wait until their lunch specials go up. I'm definitely going back. Great customer service, very attentive, really a joy to visit.

Aug 20, 2014

adisela reviewed Laffa Bar Charcoal Grill, Caulfield South

Restaurants, Middle Eastern

Overall 10  2

We had a fantastic dinner at the Laffa Bar. Friendly staff and great service.
Will come again!

Aug 20, 2014

tabel fare reviewed Toolangi Tavern, Toolangi

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Gluten Free

Overall 9.8  1

Have a $18.50 specials board, all fantastic, worth a trip, beautiful authentic mountain atmosphere, friendly staff and great atmosphere great open fireplace, very happy to make the effort.

tabel fare reviewed Skyway Pizza & Pasta, Tullamarine

Restaurants, Pizza, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 1.8  1

Paid for adult serve received child's serve. Never seen a smaller piece of Chicken Schnitzel ever for take away, should have realized when delivered in small box then found schnitzel was quarter size of small pizza box. Thin, tasteless and disappointing, also small handful of very oily chips, never seen a smaller piece of chicken, never even bought a small piece in supermarket that size... never ever ever again.

David^B reviewed Piccolo Mondo, Carlton

Restaurants, Italian, Restaurant Bookings, American Express

Overall 5.4  12

Typical Lygon St menu and style. Pasta may or may not have been homemade but either way it was very fresh and nice. No supermarket dry stuff there. All meals were very good and of a decent size but then, with so many Italian eateries in Lygon St, they would not last long if they offered any less than that. Wine was a little overpriced but once more, of good quality. Wait staff has just the right Italian accents to give that authentic feel without being difficult to understand and they were willing to step outside the norm to assist. There again, with the competition around, they could not afford to offer less. All in all, worth a try.

Hi H. reviewed Tribeca Pizza, East Melbourne

Rumpus reviewed Seven Seeds, Carlton

Cafes, European, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 8.2  13

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  8      Value  9

I had coffee and a pastry here. It was great. Pleasant staff and staff found me a table even though the cafe was quite busy. The place is a bit hard to find, as the street numbers are not on every building. It was hidden behind a wooden door in a warehouse front. But once inside, there was nothing poky about this place. Very pleasant place to spend a little time.

charlee reviewed MissMarie, Rosanna

Cafes, Modern Australian, Good for Brunch, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 4.7  2

On my second visit for Breakfast the waitress forgot to place my order. The place was busy, so I waited 20 minutes before I asked how my meal was going. She had not placed my order through and waited another 15 minutes. Just as I was about to pick up my cutlery to finish off my meal the waitress asks 'Was the wait worth it?' then took my plate away before I had finished my meal! Honestly I have never been so angry a dining experience in my life! I will never go back... Bad service and had to pay for it.

Cubes2019 reviewed Thailander, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Thai, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, American Express

Overall 4.3  1

This place was run as the Hot Wok Breath (HWB) not long ago by this same operator. Back then, they served Singapore/Malaysia food. It was equally as bad. Back to this one - well, the service was good. Prompt and no fuss. Ambience is passable - nothing great but not bad either. I know its a small take away place so, I have no problem re the ambience - even if everything you get served in, or use, is disposable. In the end, we go there to eat, so the food matters. At Thailander, the food is dumbed-down Thai - not real Thai food. Anyone who has been to a Thailand, or at least a good Thai restaurant in Mel would instantly tell that the food is appalling poor. The food is edible of course but definitely no wow moment - in fact, I was constantly underwhelmed by it. Taste is mild, serving is small and its a half-baked effort. Value for money? Absolutely not.

Toni D. reviewed Zio's Restaurant, East Melbourne

Restaurants, European, Italian, Modern Australian, Vegetarian

Overall 7.8  19

Not a good place to eat.

Leong J reviewed Happy Wok, The, Bayswater

Overall 1.1  3

Utterly disappointing. Having lived in Singapore for most part of my life, I must say that the standard and taste of the food is appalling. The laksa was diluted and bland. Char kway teow was oily and starchy. Portions were small. Service was slow and cumbersome. Definitely not a true representation of singapore cuisine.

Rumpus reviewed Brown Sugar Cafe, Melbourne CBD

Cafes, Modern Australian, Vegetarian, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 5.5  8

Food  5      Coffee  2      Ambience  7      Service  2      Value  3

We chose this cafe at a random, from all the other cafes in the arcade. My son had the raisin toast and he didn't really like it. It was thin and too crunchy. Thin raisin toast doesn't really work. I had the smashed avocado on chia toast. Once again, thin toast becomes too dry. Hubby had the egg and bacon roll which looked a bit better than our other choices.

Coffee was watery... and didn't taste that great at all. Service was a bit odd, to the point of poor form. My husband left first, and our waiter was very keen to give him the bill as my husband walked out. This was despite me and my son still eating at the table. It was as if the waiter was worried about payment. When I started putting on my coat, the waiter slipped the bill on the table... just in case I was thinking of doing a runner?

C'mon, I had to walk past the cashier to leave the cafe. Surely I could just pay her on my way out, without having to call for the bill at the table first. Or maybe the waiter has had too many customers run out without paying. Whatever the reason for his attitude, don't look so keen to collect the money. Most people are honest... Will not go back.

elledoubleu reviewed Fukuryu Ramen, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Japanese

Overall 10  1

The food, service and cleanliness at this place are of the highest standard. I've been there a few times now and there is a consistency of quality for those three important standards. So often, Asian restaurants serve good food but do so with poor service - ranging from indifferent to downright rude waiters/waitresses. At times, I think ok, the food is good but the service is rude but I'll try to ignore it. Why should we as customers be treated rudely. So that's why I'm giving this place 10 out of 10. This will be one of my 'regular' places. The pork belly entree is exceptionally good. Their range of ramen dishes is varied - they even offer a vegetarian version. Had Sapporo ume and peach cider with my meal - which was a perfect match with the savoury flavors.

Rumpus reviewed Brunetti, Carlton

Cafes, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 7.5  5

Food  10      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  9

Had pastries and coffee here in the morning and dinner in the evening.
The pastries are good value considering the size and quality. A large nutella croissant is $4.10 compared to a coffee which is the same price. The pacchieri alla vesuviana was fantastic. Very generous serving and the mushrooms in the sauce were so soft and silky. My husband's Giada pizza had plenty of prosciutto without going overboard. the 3 scoops of gelato we shared was $5.50 which is good vale. There is a kids menu too.

Rumpus reviewed Brunetti, Melbourne CBD

Cafes, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 7.5  5

Food  10      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  9

Fantastic pastries and coffee here. I came here twice while I was in Melbourne. the nutella croissants are delicious.

Rumpus reviewed Gurkhas Express, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian, Nepalese, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 6.5  8

Ordered the chilli beef stir fry, one of the chicken curries, the potato and chick pea side dish and mango lassi. Service was a little on the slow side but there was only one waitress, beef was not quite tender enough but overall it was a pleasant experience. Prices were on par with other Nepalese and Indian restaurants I have been to.

joel1993 reviewed Leaf & Bean, Mornington

Cafes, Comfort Food, Ample or Convenient Parking, Free Parking, Off Street Parking

Overall 8.3  1

Food  6      Coffee  7      Ambience  10      Service  10

Nice little casual place makes a decent coffee good value friendly staff.

Mobile Review Aug 15, 2014