Fresh User Reviews in Melbourne

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 525

dmanassa reviewed Nikos Greek Tavern, Ringwood East

Restaurants, Greek, American Express

Overall 2.7  18

Basically we had a recent work function for about 15 people. Basically we had the banquet, food was great as was the atmosphere, we danced and broke plates to the traditional greek music. Will come back again for sure.

Mobile Review Sep 29, 2014

Andrew04 reviewed Goldies Coffee House, Epping

Cafes, Parking Station

Overall 10  1

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

I've been coming here for years and never been disappointed especially with the coffee! Food is great and the staff treat you like family, my family and I love this place.

Sep 27, 2014

Natalie A. reviewed Rubiki Eat & Drink, Ringwood North

Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 8.8  1

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  8      Value  9

About time some great coffee with innovative food arrive in the burbs! Thanks Rubiki, keep it up.

communal table

Sep 26, 2014

Mr Octopus O. reviewed Tiba's Restaurant, Brunswick

Restaurants, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian, Good For Groups

Overall 7  12

Service  1

Very poor service, myself and my partner, felt ignored the entire meal, even giving up on trying to get a coffee. Tried to be optimistic, then had to wait 5 minutes at the counter just to pay the bill, while we were clearly been ignored. The vegetarian platter was also missing three components, otherwise the food was nice, but I have had better. Won't eat here again.

Sep 25, 2014

Bruce B. reviewed Zambrero, Melton West

Restaurants, Mexican / Latin American, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway, Parking Station

Overall 1.5  1

Service is bad, once asked for a knife, fork and plate. Was told we don't have.

Bruce B. reviewed Schnitz, Melton

Restaurants, German, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 5.5  1

Food is ok.

Bruce B. reviewed Happy Days Burgers, Melton West

Fast Food, American

Overall 1.5  1

Bad food, bad service, will not be coming back. It's not like the one at highpoint shopping center.

Bruce B. reviewed Bing Boy, Melton

Takeaways, Asian, Good For Groups, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 4  1

Food is not bad but the service need to get better.

Andrew T. reviewed Zagame's Boronia Hotel, Boronia

Pubs

Overall 3.5  7

Food  2      Drinks  2      Ambience  3      Service  1      Value  1

This is the first time I've ever gone to the extent of writing a comment about a venue, but last night just got to me! I and 10 of my extended family went to celebrate a birthday at this venue on a Wednesday night. Upon arrival at just after 7pm there were queues of people lined up to order meals and get drinks in the restaurant (if that is what it is suppose to be called).

After lining up at 7.20pm and placing orders on 3 accounts for the one table the meals started coming out at, by 8.15pm 8 of the 11 meals arrived. By 8.30pm it was clear the remaining 3 meals were not coming out, which I found strange given that there was 1 meal from each of the three accounts missing. After complaining to the staff we were given our money back for the 3 meals, which eventually came out at 8.45pm! They really shouldn't have bothered!

The calamari was like rubber with luke warm chips ($24), the porterhouse 300grm steak ($32) was 25% fat & grissle, with the parma "just" making the grade. There are much better venues in the area offering better service, quality and value for money and I will not be going to this venue ever again and suggest neither will my family and friends!

Sep 25, 2014

Alihawk reviewed Arintji Cafe, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Child Friendly

Overall 5.9  16

This is a great place to eat or just fine fir drinks. The location is lovely, really easy to find with an outlook over the Yarra River on one side or onto Federation Square to watch the world go by on the other. Food is delicious - I enjoyed King Prawns on skewers then a beautifully cooked fillet of Salmon. The accompanying Winter Greens had a very nice balance too. Service is lovely - I'll try their cocktails next time, as I like the sound of their Cosmopolitan - I'm looking forward to it already. Thank you.

King Prawns on Skewers

Mobile Review Sep 24, 2014

Belinda W. reviewed Crystal Grill Chinese Restaurant, Patterson Lakes

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 5.3  2

We went to celebrate our son's b'day, the service was great, they were friendly and helpful as we need gluten free food. The food was beautiful I am a really fussing person with chinese food. The only problem I found was that it was too cold, they needed some heat in the place.

Sep 24, 2014

Tiny Dancer reviewed Healthy Self Co, Yarraville

Cafes, Vegetarian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 7  1

Food  7      Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  7

Really wanted to try some of the Vegan foods (particularly the cheesecake). But unfortunately there wasn't much left when I walked in the door. So had to settle for one of their smoothies instead. I tried the 'Be Kind' which had Banana, Mixed Berries, Coconut water and a few different powders I can't remember the names of. At $9 it wasn't cheap but I was happy with the generous size. The texture was lovely. Not too thick with the right amount of ice & no chunky bits. The overall taste was pleasant but not amazing. The predominate flavour was coconut then a bit of raspberry & banana came through. I would like to go back & try their food plus perhaps another smoothie. Really like the overall concept of a well being cafe.

Sep 24, 2014

David^B reviewed Ploy Thai Restaurant, Werribee

Restaurants, Thai, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 7.3  6

Pretty much your run of the mill Thai eateries. Service is fine. Meals are of good size. Food and drink are cheap and of reasonable quality. About what you would expect from any one of the masses of Thai restaurants found in any town of medium size. For a quick, cheap meal, it is as good as any, though not your "special occasion" destination.

Sep 23, 2014

eggshellblonde reviewed No. 8 by John Lawson, Southbank

Restaurants, International, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 5  1

Dined there on 19 September 2014 with friends to celebrate a birthday.
The entre's of oysters kilpatrick were terrible, small oysters, diced ham instead of crispy bacon, we sent them back. The main courses, of duck, pot bellied pork and steak were acceptable from a taste perspective, however the portion sizes were very small, also virtually nothing served with them except one small portion of garlic carrot. Luckily we ordered two extra side dishes of salad, mainly lettuce and a basic dressing and bubble and squeak. The deserts of chocolate fondant were very nice. The wines were acceptable and reasonably priced at $16.00 a glass. The overall cost of $520.00 for 4 people was not value for money and we won't be returning. Overall very disappointing.

LeBryan reviewed Dragon Boat Restaurant, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Chinese, Seafood, American Express

Overall 4.4  34

I was hungry yesterday so I went to go after shopping and than stopped in this fine dine chinese place I saw online. Thinking ok it should be nice and as soon as I was waiting for someone to show me to my table. People start lining up and when someone did come up to get people seated. The first thing the guy did was came up to ask the couple next to me first. That was first dissatisfied things to do with customers ever.

So they pointed to me thank goodness. I said table for one and the look was like (oh really). Showed me up stairs I walked up and than the girl showed me to a corner table.. (Second thing to piss me off). The food was great just one person didn't pay attention and gave the two tables next to me with couples and walked off. Really? Am I invisible!

So I went to pay thinking it was down stairs (since i thought they only had one till.) Walked up to the first step and this Chinese man was yelling st me pointing to the small sign "please pay here" on the till (size of half a A5 paper.) That was the last straw. Never ever going here again. Everyone just steered at me. If it was Perth I wouldn't be as polite as i was here after that rudely outburst!

David^B reviewed Popol Nah, Carlton

Restaurants, Mexican / Latin American, Good For Groups, Licensed, Outdoor Dining

Overall 9  1

This place has quite a nice feel to it that is accentuated by the friendliness, competence and willingness of the wait staff to make every effort to make the customer feel welcome and important, not to mention their willingness to go out of their way to be helpful. Staff and management in other eateries could learn a lot from the people here and I have no doubt this place gets as many repeat customers from the enjoyable experience of the staff as from the food. Now for the food. Lovely and unusual flavours, ample quantities and a range of dishes so that I’m sure would leave the most discerning customer with ample choices. Although they were quite busy, we didn’t feel rushed to vacate our table to make room for the next round of diners. All in all an enjoyable dining experience and we will definitely be dining there again.

JanetofNQ reviewed Mezzo Bar + Grill, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas, Has Bar

Overall 8.8  8

Excellent food and wines served by waiters attentive to dietary requirements made this a pleasurable night out.

Sep 21, 2014

Overall 9.1  3

This was a great surprise. Best overall restaurant, been to in a long time, sizzling seafood was excellent, best dim sims and staff outstanding.

Sep 21, 2014

Stephen G. reviewed Yuni's Kitchen, Northcote

Restaurants, Indonesian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 8.8  1

Great food with friendly service. Was very quiet (very cold night with footy finals on) so hard to determine ambience. Will be back.

Sep 20, 2014

powellb reviewed Formosa House, Nunawading

Restaurants, Chinese, American Express

Overall 8.1  12

Have never been disappointed here. Service from staff is warm friendly and accommodating. Food served is great quality and served fresh. A little quick bringing out main meals since entree but if your in a hurry that will suit you. Truly look fwd to visiting soon, the ambience, tranquil background music coupled with water feature and fish pond bridge add to the experience. Def be back.

Sep 20, 2014