Fresh User Reviews in Melbourne

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 507

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 10  1

This is the best pizza shop in epping, fast service, great pizzas, and great value.

Mobile Review Jul 27, 2014

taquah reviewed Loading Dock, Docklands

Restaurants, American, International, Modern Australian, Hip and Trendy

Overall 7.7  3

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful

Each time I was in the area this place looked busy, so I had to try it and I was not disappointed. Even a $3:50 coffee gets table service, a carafe of water and glasses on the table. Lunch was freshly prepared risotto special and delicious. The menus for lunch and dinner are quite varied and interesting, this is a place I would recommend and the view is second to none. The regular once a month Jamaican Night was a stand out, unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued. The breakfast and the coffee are still delicious and our favourite waitress is still there, always smiling and most efficient!

taquah reviewed Mad Duck Cafe, Docklands

Cafes, American Express

Overall 8.4  1

Food  8      Coffee  9      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  9

What a great little place. It is only open for breakfast and lunch, but well worth a visit. Eggs are fee range, most of the food is organic, and they make their own pies! The lamb one is sooo good! (do they really have a seafood stick on their lunch menu? must be a typo). Service is efficient, the staff are friendly and the premises although small are clean and tidy.

Sa W. reviewed Kappaya Japanese Soul Food Cafe, Abbotsford

Cafes, Japanese, Licensed, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.8  4

Coffee  1      Service  1

The coffee guy was extremely abusive and made me cry. He berated me and yelled at me in front of everyone, he would not stop even when I asked him to leave me alone. I only asked for a weak latte. A good barista would try. I am still feeling abused and still very sad. My daughter and I loved this place but not anymore.

Mobile Review Jul 27, 2014

Lee M. reviewed Fong's Kitchen, Williamstown

Restaurants, Asian

Overall 9.3  1

We love the dim sims, spring rolls and the best fried rice. Can't fault the food, service and even better value for money. We missed the old fashion chinese food but its back the dim sims and spring rolls are made on site love them.

Thomas Red reviewed Nando's, Heidelberg

Restaurants, Portuguese, Good For Groups, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 1  1

Service  1      Value  1

Terrible service at this outlet. I queued for over 10 minutes and watched as staff barked rudely at customers who were unsure what basting they'd like on their meal. Had enough after watching someone get told their five dollar note had a slight rip in it and was not acceptable. Customer service, staff training and basic manners non existent. Left and ate elsewhere. Won't be back at Nando's Heidelberg.

Jul 26, 2014

Restaurants, Vietnamese, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 6.7  2

The Sizzling Beef is the best I have had in Melbourne. I note that a previous reviewer did not like the fluoro lights. Interesting observation as the SO has down lights and no fluoros. Wonder what restaurant he was actually reviewing?

Fiona H. reviewed Northern Soul, Thornbury

Cafes, Organic, Free WiFi

Overall 10  1

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Excellent Tibetan cafe serving organic Fairtrade Toby's coffee to perfection.
Great atmosphere, friendly people and MOMOS!

Wild Bill reviewed Gurkhas Express, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian, Nepalese, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 6.1  7

Gurkas Express is an absolute gem of a restaurant, food is magnificent, service impeccable, and a wonderful ambience. Great vegetarian options, and the Gurkha Special entree is unbelievably good. It's that good that when we were in melbourne we went there twice!

Jul 24, 2014

Restaurants, Mexican / Latin American, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 10  2

Loved it! Real down to earth vibe and heated enclosed beer garden was my fav!

whatnow73 reviewed Operator25, Melbourne CBD

Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups

Overall 7.8  1

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  8

Operator25 serves good brunch value! Most are under $20. I ordered the breakfast tortilla and it was massive and basically an omelette wrapped in a tortilla. The decor is nice and clean, with high chairs. They have big tables, so it could cater larger groups of up to 10 people I think.

blogRead the full review on my blog

whatnow73 reviewed Seven Seeds, Carlton

Cafes, European, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 8  12

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  9      Service  8      Value  8

Seven Seeds is quite a large cafe set up in a warehouse type building, growing their own coffee beans in the back. Their brunch prices are quite reasonable (less than $20). I would recommend the field mushrooms and sauted kale on toasted ciabatta w/ roast parsnip puree and poached eggs $16.50. I went on a Monday around 9:30am and it wasn't too crowded that we had to wait for a table.

blogRead the full review on my blog

BillDiep reviewed C J Cafe, Preston

Cafes, Modern Australian, Good For Groups, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 8.6  1

Food  9      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  10      Value  9

Quality food, well service and great value.

Tiny Dancer reviewed Club Caroline Springs, The, Caroline Springs

Cafes, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Child Friendly Play Area

Overall 5.8  1

Food  5      Coffee  6      Ambience  5      Service  7      Value  6

We went here for dinner specifically because of the children's play area. It was closed which was very annoying. It was a cold night but as any parent knows kids don't care about that. Then we were informed that we should have made a booking. This is a Bistro, not a restaurant. You have to order at the counter therefore it should be first in, first served. We were told we could sit in the lounge area which we did.

I had the Chicken Schnitzel with chips & salad. It wasn't very good. The Schnitzel was not cooked to a golden brown colour. That made the crumb soggy, oily & not very appetising. The chicken inside was only just cooked. My partner had a steak which was OK. I will say though the meals are huge. Looking around at what others were having their meals looked better than ours. So perhaps we just chose the wrong things.

Anyway, this could be a great establishment. They should go have a look at the RSL's in NSW for some tips.

mikeeater reviewed Lazy Moe's, Tullamarine

Restaurants, Has Bar

Overall 5.2  26

Normally, I am a huge fan of Lazy Moes. I have nothing but praise for the one located in Maidstone. However, after a one-off visit to the Mickelham Rd establishment, I will never again return to this restaurant. After waiting over an hour for an overcooked steak, which I could overlooked, I finished my salad to find a huge fly floating in salad dressing in the bowl. After politely alerting the staff, the terrible manager came over, offered no apology, no replacement and was going to charge me for the meal! After refusing to pay for the disgusting meal, he yelled to my face to never return. No worries mate. I won't. Seriously, no one should go to that hole except the health department.

chiaeater reviewed Chin Chin & Go Go Bar, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian Fusion, Thai, Vietnamese, Good Wine List

Overall 7.9  20

Loved this place! You may need to wait for a table but food is worth it. We tried quite early Sat night and it was already a 90 minute wait so we decided not to wait as we had our 2 kids who were starving. Went again Sunday lunch and luckily got a table without waiting too long. The service is fantastic, atmosphere fantastic. The cookbook is really funky too! Will be going back again :)

pakenhamracing reviewed Cardinia Club, Pakenham

Pubs, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups

Overall 8.9  2

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  10

The Chicken & Mushroom Risotto is amazing. Yum!

Lotta Cherry reviewed Ticino Pizza, South Yarra

Restaurants, Pizza, Food Delivery, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 1  1

Ticino Pizza has terrible delivery time, cold & terrible pizza, incorrect order, & "challenging" customer service, - DO NOT GO HERE!!

I used to be a regular Ticino's pizza/pasta delivery fan--and they used to be great--but they have changed hands, and it's definitely not for the better.

I ordered a large margherita pizza ($19!!!!), a lemonade and a chocolate mousse. I was told it would be a maximum of 40 minutes. I live 10 minutes away by car. When it got to 1hr 10mins (15mins before the kid's bedtime) I called to ask where the pizza was. I was told they were "just around the corner" (unsurprisingly).

I asked if they had changed hands and was told that yes, they had, "but for the better". I expressed concern that the pizza would be either cold or warm and sweaty in its box given the amount of time that had passed, to which I was assured that "we don't do cold pizzas here". I said I thought I should get a discount for this long wait.

After the person at the other end of the phone tried to talk about all his "happy customers", he offered to charge me $25 as I stated to him that I wasn't one of his happy customers. To be honest, I don't remember what the total cost would have been. We then finished the call and I continued to wait for the delivery. If the delivery had arrived correctly and as per his statements, I would have been willing to leave it at that.

However, the delivery arrived 12mins later. The pizza was cold, congealed and greasy; the tomato sauce tasted strongly of tomato paste [from the single bite I had] and the topping was not generous. I think it's pretty hard to stuff up a margherita, but Ticino managed to do so in spades. They didn't send me a lemonade but sent a Solo instead. The chocolate mousse looked like it had been shoveled into the container and I have to put it in the fridge. I now have to cook myself some dinner.

I called Ticino back again and reported my experience. They didn't want to do anything and were very keen to get rid of me, but I said I should get a refund because it was inedible. They finally agreed and said the delivery guy would be straight back. That was an hour and a half ago and I'm still waiting...

Jul 20, 2014

Yoyo M. reviewed Pheast 48, Armadale

Cafes, European, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 8.7  3

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Friendly staff, best corn fritters.

Jul 20, 2014

C T. reviewed Professors Pizza, Watsonia

Restaurants, Pizza

Overall 8.5  1

Awesome food, staff and manager always great to deal with. Altering pizzas and changes to menu not an issue. Not a traditional dine in restaurant though.

Mobile Review Jul 19, 2014