Fresh User Reviews in Melbourne

Sundae reviewed Baristas 101, Melbourne CBD

Cafes, Outdoor Dining, Serves Takeaway

Overall 3.5  1

Coffee  2      Ambience  5      Service  4      Value  3

Ordered a short mac and a cafe latte. Both were disappointing. The latte was the worst I have had in Melbourne in a very long time. It was very weak and insipid. It's a great location so they sell heaps which seems to have resulted in taking the coffee making for granted. There is no table service. I will never go back.

Lilly C. reviewed Fergusson Restaurant, Yarra Glen

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 8.3  1

Fantastic - thank you so much for a wonderful day! We had a fabulous time!

Homeo67 reviewed Pelican Pantry, Hastings

Overall 8.7  2

Have been here several times now and I really love the place! The ambience is perfect - what more could you ask, looking over the jetty and beautiful Western Port Bay! The meals I've had here were lovely - well presented and just plain delicious. The service was also excellent and considering they were busy I still got the full attention of our waitress who couldn't be more friendlier and obliging. Please at least consider going here next time you are in Hastings - I guarantee you will be impressed.

Homeo67 reviewed Beach Hut Cafe, Hastings

Cafes, American Express

Overall 7.8  1

Food  7      Coffee  8      Ambience  6      Service  9      Value  9

This is a great place for an inexpensive meal - service is friendly and quick and coffee was nice. The food here is good and it`s also good value. I eat here often and always take friends here.

Homeo67 reviewed Arada Thai Restaurant, Hastings

Restaurants, Thai

Overall 7.7  3

Have been there several times now and it has been good each time. The food was brilliant and the service was good. Only complaint is the polished cement floor left a bit to be desired. It was noisy and it felt a little cold. Definitely would recommend it and I always take friends there.

Anthony S. reviewed Degani Bakery Cafe, Southbank

Cafes, Bakeries, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 8.5  1

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  10      Service  8

Great place for a quick meal or a regular group catch up. Staff are sincerely friendly and the restaurant has a very family feel to it. Highly recommended.

Mobile Review Apr 14, 2014

tyrus11 reviewed Newmarket Hotel, St Kilda

Pubs, American - Californian, Mexican / Latin American, Good Wine List, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.9  8

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  7

A little exxy, but damn good venue here guys. I love the fit out, the design is amazing, plus the food is exceptional. Love the soft shell tacos here. Definitely recommend anyone going to Melbourne make this a must stop! Enjoy the cocktails also, done very well.

tyrus11 reviewed Huxtable, Fitzroy

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Has Bar, Licensed, Serves Breakfast

Overall 8.7  8

Amazingly good food here at Huxtable. Love the name also. So 80's cool.
Whenever n Melbourne for work, I make sure we always get a spot here. Highly recommended.

Lilly C. reviewed Dumpling King, Box Hill

Restaurants, Chinese, Vegetarian, BYO, Licensed

Overall 5.8  21

Tasty dumplings. Good place for lunch with friends on the weekend.

Bars, Asian Fusion, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 1.1  2

Drinks  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

I wish I could give a review of 0 stars! The worst place I have ever eaten. The 'hot food' was cold and the 'cold food' was warm. Within half an hour of starting to eat I was already running to the toilet. The 'live music' was the worst sounding backing cd with a terrible old man trying to sing. The service was terrible, staff all ignore your and treat you like a pest. The owner walked off when we tried to make a complaint. We paid $100 for 2 people for this terrible experience but it was so bad we left 45 minutes into the 2 hour sitting.

CB75 reviewed Coda Bar & Restaurant, Melbourne CBD

Restaurants, Asian, French, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.1  24

Lovely food, shame about the service. Went last night with a group of friends and had the set menu. One member of our group had special dietary requirements (gluten free) & was given alternative menu items. When the bill came, she was charged over $120 compared to the $60 set menu. We politely queried the bill as at no point did staff mention her alternatives were from an a la carte menu. We were abused by staff who were extremely rude and told us to 'get out & don't talk to them'. A simple misunderstanding which could have been solved became the most disappointing customer service at any restaurant I have ever been to. Definitely won't be going back as many other Melbourne restaurants with equally, if not better good minus the attitude!

Alihawk reviewed Bambaleros, Canterbury

Cafes

Overall 6  5

Coffee  6      Ambience  7      Service  2      Value  5

This cute cafe is badly let down by its service. My arrival coincided with another diner, so the server incorrectly assumed we were together and asked for our order. I explained I was alone, then (being alone) assumed I wanted a take away - wrong again. Staff took my order and I paid. Staff took my money and kept my $12... change. Other colleague started my order. When I asked for my change, staff looked around the counter for it then disappeared out the back, only to come back with $10 for me, so I asked for the rest. Staff apologized and explained with "sorry we're really busy" - there were only two other people there. My sparkling water came with a glass, but no ice or lemon. The coffee was only acceptable. The atmosphere is quite pleasant and the outlook is nice too.

Kevin S. reviewed Edomae, Box Hill

Restaurants, Japanese

Overall 7.8  1

My family has moved from Cairns to Melbourne a couple of months ago, we could not find many sushi train here until recently, Edomae has many different sushi to pick, including aburi salmon and chicken avocado nigiri sushi, my wife like their green tea tiramisu, the atmosphere is relax, we could not love it more, we will come back with friends.

late afternoon lunch @ edomae

cafeeater2 reviewed Mr Pilgrim Cafe, Chadstone

Cafes, Modern Australian

Overall 9.6  1

Food  9      Coffee  10      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  10

Great little cafe, tucked away on the outskirts of the shopping centre. Had an amazing chicken and coleslaw toasted sandwich and washed it down with one of the best lattes I have had in a while, they know what they are doing! All the staff were friendly and they bring water to you with little ice cubes when you sit down.

Ivan H. reviewed Rosebud Hotel, Rosebud

Pubs, European, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 4.7  7

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  10

Fantastic meal and excellent service.

GoLocal reviewed Seared Steak and Seafoood, Caroline Springs

Restaurants, Modern Australian

Overall 7.3  1

I was put off by some negative reviews on another site but then reflected back on all the restaurants that have opened in Caroline Springs over the last 15 years and not one has opened without teething problems! So a few weeks after Seared opened I went with a group of 8 friends (April 7, 2014). Service was warm and friendly, food was very tasty and I think appropriately priced. Melt in your mouth great steaks are always around the $30 mark. There were 8 very empty plates and happy friends and that's good enough for me. I'd go back again for sure. Nice to have something other than pizza on offer!

Apr 12, 2014

Chris M. reviewed Masak Ku, Camberwell

Restaurants, Asian

Overall 9.3  1

Had an extended family dinner at this new restaurant in Camberwell. Had a lovely ambience-fresh and modern, yet warm and inviting. The food was... well, amazing! Haven't had such a full flavoured meal in a very long time. We ended up ordering more dishes than we really needed, but it was worth it. Had the tenderest chicken curry, a melt-in-the-mouth beef rendang, and the roti bread was the best I've had anywhere. Was crispy on the outside but soft on the inside! - not a limp wet rag as it can often be elsewhere. The chicken satay and the sauce was the perfect appetiser, it was still tender and juicy, instead of dry and over cooked. We had a home made lychee ice cream which was just beautiful.

I'm impressed that for a new restaurant they had so much quality on offer. Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. My family all agreed it was an excellent choice and would be happy to meet there again. Some other things to note are that it is BYO and licensed. They had an upstairs dining area -would be perfect for large groups. We found the restaurant was kid friendly-our kids loved the large decorative fish tank. All in all, a lovely evening for our family get-together, and a superb range of tasty dishes. Have recommended this restaurant to my friends. I will definitely be back to try some of their other dishes.

Apr 12, 2014

Marie D. reviewed Samsara Restaurant, Mount Waverley

Restaurants, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, BYO

Overall 7.5  6

Avoid vegetarian option. It's a total rip off. Only 1 falafel and 2 vine leaves which tasted like they came out of a can. The dish was mainly dips n bread, which were nice but not worth 25.00. Same price as meat option but without the 3 skewers of meat. Not fair.

Shelly67 reviewed Thao Thao Vietnamese Restaurant, Hampton Park

Restaurants, Vietnamese, BYO, Licensed, American Express

Overall 7.2  17

Food  5      Service  1      Value  3

Tonight we went to Thao thao restaurant in Hampton Park, I ordered Tom Yum soup there was one prawn in it. I mentioned to the waitress that there is usually more and older waitress came over and was very aggressive. She went on and on. We explained to her that we go out to lots of Thai and Vietnamese Restaurant and there is always at lest three prawn. I believe that she went over board with this topic and made our night a horror. If anyone is after a peaceful night do not go there! When we left I said to her that I did not like the way she spoke to us she then followed us out the door saying thing very load behind our back... I want to point out that I just kept walking and did not say anything. This restaurant is not worth going to. Warning!

Gus N. reviewed Stella's Dromana Hotel, Dromana

Overall 4.3  9

The family was very happy with our meal. Kids loved their schnitzel and enjoyed the play area. Very family friendly and great location by the beach!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next