Snow Pony

Parking

Street Parking

Established in 2008

Overview of Snow Pony

Snow Pony brings a fresh approach to cafe dining. Their cool little space in Balwyn is eclectic--beautiful leather banquettes, industrial communal tables, white washed walls. Food and coffee are the stars of the Snow Pony experience. Organic breads and eggs, smoked salmons, chorizos, herbs and more fresh food stuff and ingredients are well represented in the menu. Snow Pony also has special spaces for events and catering.

Add a Review for Snow Pony

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Snow Pony, Balwyn

This is one place I had heard a lot about! The build up was huge... no longer do I have to travel into the City to get myself a great cup of coffee! So along I went... and dragged my girlfriend with me. That's where the excitement peaked and sadly troughed also! Below is a snippet of the letter I sent to Snow Pony's management the morning after my visit... 4 months on, I have not heard any response.

"We arrived at 11:40am and were seated right away, which was great. Our order was taken quite promptly and coffees received within 10 minutes of ordering. Our food on the other hand took quite sometime to come out. I appreciate the fact that you run a busy café so I wasn’t prepared to complain about the wait (a quick mention of delays from staff might do your future service some good however).

Once the food had arrived, my girlfriend took her first bite only to find a 10cm hair in her mouth! As you can imagine, she was quite disgusted. We called one of your waitresses and she apologised and said it would be replaced immediately. I, of course still had my plate. At least 15 minutes had passed before the dish was replaced. In that time, we saw several “Smashed Avocado” dishes go out to other people’s tables. Not impressed!

Understandably, by the time it came out my girlfriend could barely get through her second attempt at that dish.

We were then asked if we would like any more drinks. I ordered an orange/grapefruit juice, my girlfriend another latte. She received her coffee within a reasonable time frame. I on the other hand, had to ask/remind the waitress that took my order how long it would be before I received my juice (by this time, more than 15 minutes had lapsed). Once again, not impressed.

In the end our bill came to just under $50.00. No mention, apology or discount was given at the time of payment. That kind of customer service does not make me want to come back again."

When you say you will replace a dish immediately, you should follow through with it. Also, if the kitchen is busy (which any great place would be), keeping your patrons informed does not harm your business, in fact, it shows you care. Having had no response or acknowlegment of the above letter, it's quite simple: I will never go back!

Oct 03, 2011

This place is fabulous but, unfortunately, everyone else in Balwyn thinks so too! It is usually busy, but the coffee and service is great, the atmosphere is also very nice. Worth a visit.

Jun 06, 2011

Love it! Best bacon in town and the smashed avocado irresistable! Can get packed after 9.01 with the nattering mums after they've dropped the kids off so if you want to join them all the best with getting a seat or a coffee in a rush.

Apr 05, 2011

I have been going there for a while, but today I was spoken and treated rudely by one of the senior staff. Was in a party of four with two prams tucked in the corner. He wanted me to leave my pram outside in the rain. He spoke rudely to us and ensured that he made a scene. I was embarrassed and will not be coming back again. Note - mother's with prams are not welcome.

May 25, 2010

What a win for the eastern suburbs! my usual pilgrimage to brunswick or richmond for good food and coffee is no longer necessary. Definitely recommend a nip down to Pony. The staff all seem to be constantly grinning, very welcoming in an otherwise dull neighborhood.

Feb 05, 2010

What a fabulous cafe! I have only recently discovered it after much disappointment in the area. I know I can go to SP, get a perfect coffee, find a comfy chair, and receive a warm and friendly *hello* from all the lovely staff. The food has been amazing too, wanting to taste as much on the menu as possible. Not quite there yet though, maybe another visit is in order.

Feb 03, 2010

Been going there for ages now, best thing in area by a long shot and by area I mean most of eastern suburbs! so it is worth the trip! good coffee and food, who would have thought.

Jan 31, 2010

Aawesome little joint, especially the patio out the side. Cool staff which is surprising considering you are in Balwyn haha.. but the real standout here is the food, it way above normal cafe grub. Gets busy on weekends but during the week we find a great little oasis out here in the burbs.

Jan 30, 2010

They do a terrific savoury the muffin toasted with ham, cheese and eggs which is jam packed and really fills the gap. It's also great value for money. They have an extensive array of cakes and pastries which is hard to pass up with your coffee.

Dec 14, 2009

Just had coffee and cake, with a group including a few young children. Cakes, biscuits and coffee are all excellent and very reasonably priced, the waiters are friendly, and the vibe is more like trendy Fitzroy more than staid old Balwyn! They sell Arnott's Tic Tocs for the children, a cheap option for the picky eaters, and when the kids' order arrived late, the waiter gave them a few more Tic Tocs on the house. Be warned this place is cash only, no bookings, and very very popular.

Oct 15, 2009

Snow Pony Snow Pony Snow Pony « 1 of 3 photos »

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!