Pie in the Sky

Pie in the Sky Website

Pie in the Sky Contact Info

Pie

Prices $

Average Meal Price 14 - based on one main course only (entree could not be calculated)

Mon to Fri 10am - 4:30pm

Ice Cream

Mountain View

Established in 1993

Overview of Pie in the Sky

Pie in the Sky Café is a highly popular restaurant in Mt. Dandenong that is all about pies! Not really, they have delicious peas, salad, chips, mash and/or gravy to go with the pies as well. But front and centre are the pies, about 15 variants of them to choose from. Pies come in varieties such as the basic Aussie pies (mushroom, cheese, bacon and onion) and the fascinating gourmet pies (beef and kidney, beef rendang, tandoori chicken and spinach, spinach and feta, etc.) If you're feeling adventurous, you can always order from the specials board, which varies occasionally with an exciting and different flavour.

Since 1993, this sunny café has been using the leanest and freshest ingredients in its award-winning pies. A total of 13 gold medals from the annual Great Aussie Pie Competition is nothing to sneeze at. You can enjoy your pies in a humble relaxed ambience, with a good natured staff attending to you. Pie in the Sky also has a small play hub for kids. This pie place is bustling with locals and tourists alike, all craving for the appetizing pies, mains and pastries inside.

Add a Review for Pie in the Sky

User Reviews of Pie in the Sky, Olinda

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Food  4      Coffee  5      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

Very poor service & food isn't worth the price.

Mobile Review Mar 22, 2014

The pie is not as good as I thought it would be but still considered a good decent delicious pie. Well, I thought the cool environment to have a hot pie is a win to me. Enjoyable.

Sep 14, 2011

What can I say? I am converted. Never had I liked pies before but after my visit to Pie in the Sky, I am now a pie lover. My daughter loved it and my fussy wife had to give her thumb up too. It gets quite busy on weekends though but it was worth the wait. I loved the tandoori and curry pies, my daughter had 2 aussie pies by herself, my wife had pasties. We had to take away other pies to enjoy later since they were so good. Service was nice and the rustic intimate atmosphere was very much in line with the Olinda village. Have to come back soon.

Feb 11, 2011

We have just returned from our first visit to Mount Dandenong and after seeing a segment on Getaway which included a visit to ‘Pie in the Sky’, we couldn’t wait to come and try, especially after seeing the sign ‘Best Pie Floater East of Adelaide’.

Well, I grew up in Adelaide, and have eaten The Best pie floaters, at the caravan outside the railway station on North Terrace and the Town Hall in Victoria Square and I can tell you, I don’t think Pie in the Sky know what a Pie Floater is. It sure wasn’t what was served to us today.

Our first big shock was the price, two pie floaters and two soft drinks $37.80 (are you serious), nearly cancelled the order but really wanted to see how these pie floaters compared and figured they’d have to be good at that price as well as the added Award winning pie claims.

On the menu for a Pie Floater it says, your choice of pie served (and I quote) in thick and tasty Pea and Ham soup. So our second big shock was when our meal came and the pie was sitting in the middle of a yellowish, runny, lumpy liquid which looked and tasted more like vegetable soup (with carrot and celery). For $13.50 we expected the pie to be something really special and it turned out to be no better than those we've had from many a country bakery.

If these are the best pies in Victoria, I feel sorry for Victorians who love a good pie. So, we left ‘Pie in the Sky’ feeling ripped off and very disappointed.

Jan 16, 2011

This place was great, they had so many choice of homemade baked goods. I was pretty excited to eat a gluten free sticky date mini pudding! Can't tell you the last time I could eat one! Very cute cafe, great service. Their homemade jam is incredible!

Nov 02, 2010

Great vanilla slice but considering the size of this place, would have expected more family friendly facilities. Was forced to change my baby on a rainy day in the back of the car. Come on people, pop a change table behind the door!

Aug 15, 2010

Reasonably priced and a good place for families. I got the Pie Floater which had a luke warm, bland Pea and Ham Soup with a pie in the middle and a scoop of potato on top. Good pie but had to add a lot of salt to the Pea mixture. My friend had the Beef Rendang Pie and Chips which was absolutely delicious.

Aug 09, 2010

Quite enjoyed our lunch here in June 2010, very few places in Olinda are this reasonably priced. One son had a large plateful of beef croquettes with chips and salad, $13.50, very tasty croquettes with crispy homemade chips. Rest of us had "Christmas in July" lunch special, 3 small courses for $18, including pleasant but lukewarm soup, plate with small serving of turkey (dried out a bit, microwave reheated) and cranberry sauce with salad, and small plum pudding with custard.

Not big servings, but good value. Service is brisk, meals won't get them into the Good Food Guide, but it's tasty food, cosy atmosphere, and the cheapest sit-down meal you'll get in the Dandenongs.

Jul 25, 2010

Wow! This place is fantastic. The ambience and service are great. Don't get me started on the pies cause it makes my mouth watering again. No wonder they are voted 'The best pie in Victoria'.

May 26, 2010

I have been hearing many excellent comments about the pies. Well, I must say it really lived up to my expectations. The pies esp the curry and korma were so delicious (best I have tasted so far). The service was very nice and the ambience was fantastic. It really made my trip to the Dandenongs much more pleasant. Keep it up, guys!

Sep 16, 2009

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Pie in the Sky Pie in the Sky Pie in the Sky

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!