Elwood Beach House Cafe

4.4

Elwood Beach House Cafe doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 24 reviews

4.1

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Elwood Beach House Cafe

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Got excited about the sign saying 'New Owners' but was shocked when I walked in and saw the same senior staff person at the till! New owners is not what it needed, it needs new senior staffs.

Previously it was just dirty, waiters clothes were dirty, toilets dirty/grimy, eftpos machine at the till had grimy buttons even and food average. Such a shame when it has prime location. Very frustrating for us Elwood locals. And the smell of the bins near the play area were shocking and put you off buying food.

So does 'new owner' mean new management? Really hope so! Please take the reins and turn the place around!

Jun 20, 2011

We had lunch (a long weekend in winter), it was the worst service I have experienced anywhere for a long time. We seated ourselves and had to get our own menus because of inattentive staff. I got up twice to request someone to take our order. All patrons waited far too long for their orders to arrive even drinks. Staff managed to lose our order entirely today. My kids waited over an hour for lemonade and chips. My coffee took 45mins. As patrons finished, no one cleared or wiped tables. Outside pigeons were feasting on plates of food left on the tables (at least this entertained my children). If this is "new management", good luck, I won't be returning.

Jun 13, 2011

Came back to the cafe after due to the under new management sign, however, the new managers still have some way to go to turn this place around. Breakfast was fair, arrived only just warm and full breakfast was bland at best. Coffee a big improvement though so would go back for a take-away but until they get the other basics right suggest giving it a miss.

Apr 26, 2011

Terrible, terrible service. On arrival (4 adults, 3 young children) we were not seated, so we had to seat ourselves. Then we got ignored by the staff and had to ask for service. Then the drinks came one at a time spread out over 15 mins and the food never actually turned up despite waiting 40 minutes for it so we ended up leaving without eating - ever sat somewhere with hungry young children? We won't be going back.

Jan 24, 2011

I have eaten here quiet a few times, however, not for a couple of years. I had found it to be mediocre despite its locale. I deciced to try it again as was plesantly surprised. The staff were really nice, and I am sure it has something to do with the new management. The kids meals were by far The Best quality and value for money I have ever experienced, not a deep fried nugget in sight.

As for my meal I ordered a salt and pepper calamari which was 7/10. The staff were quite ok when I passed on my comment to the chef that it was cooked and presented well but was boardering on inedible (to me) as it was way too salty. However, my waitress selected a lovely chardonnay on my behalf. And the icecreams are delicious too.

Jan 23, 2011

Elwood Beach House Cafe, Previously I had left the cafe a disgruntled customer. Still, the under new management-owner signs tempted me back for one more try. The kids were in the playground and a nice chilled glass of wine seemed perfect. To tempt me even further I noticed the other meals being served. Kids ordered pancakes, at 2 pm! and it was not a problem since now breakfast is served all day. So we took a look at the menu, we ordered pancakes with jam and sprinkles, and chicken and chips for the kids.

Nicely surprised when grilled chicken was served to my children instead of nuggets, and I tried the thai beef salad which was just what I needed. As I left that day, I made a booking for dinner for the following week. I have no doubt this will now be our new family hangout. Thank you Elwood Beach Cafe. A happy local.

Jan 09, 2011

Under new management. Thanks god! I have previously been to this cafe in the past and found it horrible. Last week I was driving past and noticed a large banner out the front saying under new management, I pulled in and had a quick bite to eat and a coffee, food and coffee were both first class and staff were very friendly, I will definitely be telling my friends about this and going back with a group very soon.

Jan 07, 2011

Gee, I wish I had read some reviews before I went and maybe I wouldn't have wasted my time and money. I saw it on Postcards and was really excited to go there but as one person said the service was deplorable, there is no other way to explain it. The tables and place were filthy, the staff were rude, coffees took 45 minutes to come, the meal even longer, I'm sure the Pumpkin Soup was from a home brand can, no worse and then waited in a queue of 3 people for 20 minutes to pay for it. This place should be forced to sell.

Oct 28, 2010

Deplorable service. Meal served cold and served a full 15 minutes after other meals on the same order were served and drinks ordered with the same meals not served until after the meals had been served. Do not go there.

Mar 14, 2010

Great location and lovely playground. Pity the service and food is awful. On a beautiful, sunny weekend morning this place should be and was once busy.

Dec 23, 2009

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Subscribe to the Melbourne newsletter for deals, specials and news!