Italian Restaurant, The

Tue to Sat 5pm - 10pm

Stricly Wine Only
Corkage per bottle $5.00
Wine Selection
Wide variety of red, white, champagne & stickies. Extensive range of cocktails, spirits & liqueurs.

Specialties

Romantic and Intimate

Has Bar

Overview of The Italian Restaurant

The Italian Restaurant - Italian Cuisine at its finest

This cosy restaurant, set within Erina's popular Karalta Plaza, serves diners hearty food such as pizza, pasta and a variety of meat and seafood grills. After dinner, try one of the Italian cocktails such as the Italian Stallion, a glorious combination of sambuca, limoncello and orange juice.

Add a Review for The Italian Restaurant

User Reviews of The Italian Restaurant, Erina

We attended The Italian Restaurant as an extended family of 10. The food was, all excellent. Not one complaint from any of the group about the food. Ok, I tell a lie, my wife wanted more Scampi but that was not a reflection upon the size of the serve so much as that she can never have too much scampi. I had the steak, medium rare, and seafood medley. It was cooked to perfection and was simply glorious. Their wine list complemented the menu perfectly. Our compliments to the chefs. The waitresses were highly professional and very friendly. We will be returning.

Aug 26, 2013

Disappointing food and service. Definitely won't return.

Jul 21, 2012

As you enter the restaurant, it looked nice and the smells are wonderful and thats where it all ends unfortunately. From the waitress plonking the water bottle on our table. Terribly long time between ordering and the food eventualy coming out. The Salt and pepper squid was sooo hard and I couldn't taste anything really. Chefs choice Veal marsala was over cooked and too thin no taste and I love my veal, order it all the time.

My wifes Lamb was cooked ok med. rare but burnt all over! ask us why we ordered coffee instead on asking for the cheque like lots of other that night, well who knows more punishment! Coffee was some of the worst tasting coffee we have experienced. There were still granules in through it! The dessert was ok! I am sorry to say that I would not recommend this place or come back!

Mar 04, 2012

We came out here on a Friday night for dinner on a whim, just googled 'Italian' around Erina and discovered this little place by luck! The restaurant was pretty full, but the staff were quick to serve us. We ordered a bread to start us off which was a little bland, but as we saw some other tables' pizza's arriving we knew we'd come to a great place, as they looked and smelled amazing. I had a steak with a boscaiola topping and my girlfriend had the fettuccine boscaiola. Both of us were really happy with our meals and we will be back.

Sep 27, 2011

Went here on a saturday night I ordered the chicken parmigiana, unfortunately, it was not cooked through so I had to re order a salad which was ok. The two people I was with enjoyed their meals but the chicken did put a bit of a damper on the night. Nice atmosphere but very noisy.

Jun 30, 2011

This was our 2nd visit and again (thankfully) we had an entertainment book voucher. Our last visit was midweek and we were disappointed by the fact that the majority of items, food and wine were apparently not available that night. We ventured there again on a Friday night only to find that these same menu items were still unavailable.

We suggest that the menu is updated to include only what is available. We were further concerned that on presenting the free meal voucher it took 2 attempts to have this honoured. The waitress was apologetic and sympathetic and did her best to make amends. All in all, food is fine, just a little more needed to get us to recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Jun 24, 2011

Good ambience and I thought the staff were very good.

Apr 04, 2011

Went here with my wife for a nice dinner. They had a full house (company group dinner), but made room for us at very short notice, and were very accommodating.
    I thought the food was very nice (I had Scampi, wife had Pasta), and we made sure we had room for dessert, which was also lovely. We enjoyed some nice italian red wine during dinner, and the whole expereince was great.

It was a little noisy because of the large group booking, but I think that was just unlucky we were on the same night. We will definitely be back for any sort of nice dinner we need to organise.

Mar 31, 2011

This restaurant tends to get very noisey too many hard surfaces. Service was fast but had to ask for cutlery and the table water was warm. Salads don't seem to have dressing or it's undetectable, we ordered 2 different salads and both were very bland. The scampi comes with rocket tomato and parmesan but no seasoning would have liked a sauce or dressing or even lemon to give it a lift. The Salt and Pepper Chili Squid was my favourite dish of the night, the magarita pizza was also crisp and tasty.

Mar 21, 2011

What a find! We had a buy one get one free entertainment book voucher but the prices are so reasonable that I'd return here again and again even without one.

The space is nice, although when the restaurant is full it is very noisy. The service was good and the food was delicious. We had the mixed seafood grill, meatlovers pizza and the beef with boscaiola and vegetables. The lamb rack stuffed with fetta sounded lovely but, unfortunately, had run out. So I will return just to try that!

The food is also well priced, good selection of wines-we had the Italian Frocati white, very nice and cheap too. The mains are around $24 and desserts for a low $5.50 each! The tiramisu is to die for and the profiterole and italian cream dessert was very very tasty! the servings for dessert are large enough to easily share.

Great Night, will definitely go back.

Dec 18, 2010

The Italian Restaurant The Italian Restaurant

Subscribe to the Central Gosford and Erina newsletter for deals, specials and news!