Milk and Honey

Wheelchair Access

Outdoor Dining

Add a Review for Milk and Honey

User Reviews of Milk and Honey, Canberra CBD

The menu sounded nice but I was sadly disappointed when the food came out. It was overpriced and very average. I had the chicken skewers. The meat was fatty and fairly bland.

The table service was average but when it came to paying the bill I was shocked to be treated so badly but not only the waitress behind the counter but by the senior staff. Their eftpos service was out and they had signs on the register and the door, both of which neither myself nor my lunch companion went anywhere near prior to paying. Firstly the waitress was extremely rude to me. Then when confronted by the senior staff I was met with this comment 'its not a legal requirement for us to provide eftpos service'

She senior staff was angry, unhelpful and downright rude and when I brought that to her attention she told me that she was 'stressed'

There is no excuse for this sort of behaviour from the senior staff of an establishment who's purpose is to provide a service to the public.

I will not be eating there ever again.

Nov 06, 2012

My partner and I have a fortnightly ritual to go out for breakfast on a friday, each and everytime we find ourselves coming here. We are constantly surprised with how fantastic, friendly, and easy going the staff are there. The prices are fantastic and the food you get is utterly delicious!

I have been here for other occasions such as dinner and the occasional lunch and I will always keep coming back. Being apart of the hospitality industry myself, I am very, very impressed. See you guys twice a month!

Oct 11, 2012

It is in Garema place. You are paying for location as their rent is through the roof! In saying that I have been here a couple of times for breakfast and always seem to go for the gipsy breakfast. Sometimes beans are a bit undercooked but a solid breakfast item. It keeps bringing me back anyway. The coffee is drinkable. I say that because you will find much much better coffee around and the barista is obviously not trained.

White washed lattes and espresso seems to be burned. maybe to much grind but none the less it could improve. But above all of this I have always found the staff to be great. I am in the industry and I was blown away this morning to eat somewhere where all the staff were switched on and seemed to have the customers interest first. Very hard to find, I know, in canberra and australia. So massive thumbs up to all the staff at Milk and Honey and the manager.

Sep 16, 2012

Milk and Honey is a quirky place with lots of different nooks to sit in and savour some treats or a good coffee.

Its popular by day for a break but it gets quite busy in the evenings and at night. Its outdoor area is always grabbed first so if you're chasing this then get there early or just hope for some good luck.

blogRead more on my blog

Jul 17, 2012

Worst place ever! Do not go there. Waitress recommended a cake to us. It tasted unpleasant. She took it back to the kitchen but still charged us the full price ($16+ for a slice of cake)!

May 18, 2012

Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  1

Avoid this place at all costs, although it can look busy we had an aweful experience with a waitress and the senior staff. Both were highly insensitive and literally Kicked us out of the restaurant! This was because we had another take away frappe from another place.

Fair enough about their policy but the way in which they treated us was horrible and disgraceful. It was also inconsistent as another waitress allowed us to sit in the first place with the frappe. Half the people that run this place has issues. Too bad, it looked popular and the place seemed nice.

Apr 07, 2012

We recently dined at Milk and Honey for a special birthday, but special it wasn't. The staff were good, friendly and helpful, although knew little about the menu.

We booked here because we are vegetarian and on their website they boast a separate vegetarian menu, which had a good range of dishes. However, when we arrived and asked for it they informed that they no longer had it (Then remove it from the website!). There were a few vegie dishes, we picked the Rigatoni- it was dull, the pasta was undercooked and cold and the sauce was flavourless. I would not bother eating here again.

Sep 01, 2011

We had lunch here on a recent trip to Canberra. We were taken by locals who often dine here and we can understand why. The food was really nice - the prawn pasta with chilli was fabulous. The place was packed but we still received good, timely service. Will definitely be back next time we're in town.

Jan 31, 2011

After a morning at work I headed to Milk and Honey in Garema Place. The meals standards have not improved, but have not gone down from the general dining ladder but the rest of the restaurant is not helping to achieving the chef’s potential by supporting the meals, with service that they deserve.

The table service is in need of a definite rethink regarding who they employ and that the staff have some skill in the industry if not, training is needed for the existing staff. After reading many reviews whether they may be good or bad, it is definitely noticeable that the staff, senior staff n management pay no attention to the dining experience that most of are so uses to. It is obvious that they haven’t read up on what chatter their restaurant has been receiving.

When I got seated after being told to “just sit down” my partners and I’s table was not clean and there was just a quick wipe down leaving it sticky. I found it hard to find the waitress, so that our order could be taken as I couldn’t distinguish her for the rest of the customers, this is why the uniform was brought in.

The wait staff had seemed to have completely forgotten about us as we waited a fair while to be served, it was like their brains were replaced by goldfish. From the time our orders were taken, both Pork meals. We had waited 20 minutes.

In general the pricing is value for money but something’s on the menu are on the high side. I had a Rack of Pork which was as big as my hand costing $28. It had good flavour and was tender, falling away from the bone beautifully, a little too much sauce but the Cauliflower puree was delightful.

My partner had the Twice Cooked Pork Belly costing $16.50. The pork belly would have been better served as an entrée as the size was small, but was flavoursome.
    But if you are up for a good coffee and cake or just a meal and A Lot of time to sit, this is a good place as you have plenty of time to sit and watch the world go by.

The atmosphere while laid back is understaffed, tense and a little like “you’re wasting my time”! However the decor is pleasing and the number of customers do help this restaurant maintain its clientele. Though I noticed that the outside area was neglected lot of the time. Thus giving the feeling of a café rather than a restaurant.

In my time in the hospitality industry waitressing it simple, being all about good manners and a welcoming attitude what’s more the overall appearance. Staff may only need the right training to get these common since issues under control as for the appearance, which is an issue. It must be addressed as midriff, bottoms and cleavage not to mention body odour isn’t the thing that I want to see or smell as I’m eating a meal.

Over all, the vibe for this Restaurant which seems to always be full is that they are turning over and making money but in my option, I really do start to wonder whether some places are actually very good and I haven’t noticed or are the people going to these restaurants becoming more laissez faire diners with no flair and no since of class.

Nov 30, 2010

Came here for a quick dinner before a play, a good bet for that kind of meal. My partner had the open steak sandwich and I had the carpaccio which was amazing and perfectly seasoned, if a little heavy on the olive oil. A great balsamic came with the bread and the "braised beans" turned out to be Greek style and delicious, even if they were a bit oily and a small portion.

Good value at this price, and very attentive service, maybe even a little bit too attentive but I'm sure some people like that. If you're not great with rich food ask for some lemon with your chips or something, the aioli is very rich.

Aug 17, 2010

Subscribe to the Canberra newsletter for deals, specials and news!