Dumpling Inn Restaurant

Prices $

Good For Groups

Add a Review for Dumpling Inn Restaurant

User Reviews of Dumpling Inn Restaurant, Macquarie

Really bad service. No credit. Won't go there any more. Peking duck looks totally different from the photo on this web! Don't be cheated.

Jun 27, 2012

I was recommended to Dumpling Inn by a friend and I'm glad I gave it a go, it's become my favourite restaurant.

It is no wonder they are called Dumpling Inn, they make the best pan-fried dumplings! Dinner is always delicious and the staff are just lovely.

They have a great banquet menu. We were presented with large proportions of food and we had to confirm that 'this is the $21 banquet we ordered, right?' Great value and everyone left with their stomachs satisfied!

Jun 23, 2012

This is the best chinese food in Canberra hands down. The staff here are lovely people and are very friendly. The yum cha on weekends is to die for, it is amazing. Keep up the great work!

Jan 27, 2012

We eat here regularly, if you go fairly early (say 6pm) it's a quick, cheap and delicious meal. If you go at 7:30 on a friday or saturday night though, you'll be waiting a long time for your dinner.

Jan 26, 2012

The food is brilliant and the staff are friendly and happy (something missing from many Asian restaurants these days). You must try the Peking crispy skin duck pancakes. Addictive!

Jul 14, 2011

Food 5 - average. Ambience - terrible, delapitated old building in a dodgy area.
    Service - 3 poor, staff can't speak english well. Value - 7 not bad.

They also overbook, so we ended up with a table for two, with 4 of us, right next to the entrance in the middle of winter, do the math. You could barely fit the dishes on the table. Place was crowded, loud and uncomfortable, all I wanted to do was eat and leave. Not recommended - better Chinese places in ACT.

Jun 12, 2011

We have just returned from Yum Cha at the Dumpling Inn. I have been several times before and enjoyed it but today was a real disappointment. We arrived an hour before yum cha ended and were offered a tray of cold, deep-fried left overs. Then the cart of over-steamed dim-seam and pork buns. All were very disappointing. We ordered a few fresh dishes which took about 2/4 hour to arrive. I don't understand a restaurant saying they offer yum cha until 2.30 when clearly we were not welcome at 1.30pm.
    The staff were unapologetic and unattentive even though we were one of two tables dining. They were even eating the left-overs from the trolley before we had even left the restaurant. I hate to strike this one from my list, but it really was a terrible lunch.

May 29, 2011

We didn't realise you need to order ahead for the peking duck so we instead had peking pancakes, which were very very tasty, shallot cakes, which were tiny and came without any sort of dipping sauce, chilli crispy shredded beef, which I ate way too much of it was so yum, and fried rice which was boring. The service is very average but the food is good enough that I will return.

Mar 24, 2011

My family and I go to have yum cha at Dumpling Inn every Saturday. We order two servings of the leaf wrapped sticky rice everytime. The kids just love it!
    I've never had a problem with their service. The staff there are very friendly and always greet us by our names. Nor have I ever encountered having to wait one hour for our food. I find that they always have at least 2 trolls filled with steamed dumplings circulating around the restaurant.

Mar 13, 2011

Went to "Dumpling Inn" Macquarie for yum cha. Left unimpressed and disappointed that after 1 hr still no dumplings came out on their trolley. Restaurant should be renamed to "No Dumpling Inn". Service slow, not enough staff, had to bring my own teapot to counter to have water refilled, and no dumplings for yum cha! Yet staff unapologetic. Table behind us also left in disgust after only ordering 1 dish. Would not return for yum cha in future.

Feb 06, 2011

Peeking Duck (pre-order during booking)

Subscribe to the Canberra newsletter for deals, specials and news!