Pine & Bamboo Peking Restaurant

Chinese

Mon to Sun Noon - 3pm
Mon to Sun 6pm - 9:30pm

Overview of Pine & Bamboo Peking Restaurant

Pine & Bamboo Chinese Restaurant feature the flavoursome delights of China, right in Cannon Hill. It is widely regarded as one of the finest Chinese restaurants in Brisbane - so much so that it's best to book a table in advance. Using only the finest ingredients, Pine & Bamboo Restaurant offers authentic Hunan, Szechuan and Cantonese cuisine. Their Peking duck, carved at the table, is locally famed and considered on par with the best duck served in Beijing.

Add a Review for Pine & Bamboo Peking Restaurant

User Reviews of Pine & Bamboo Peking Restaurant, Cannon Hill

Page: 1 2 3 Next

The food tastes good. The place needs to be closed down for a week and given a good clean. I can understand people getting here and being disappointed with the state of the place. It is expensive, and the wait staff are rude and rushed. The senior staff never smiles, if the food was not good this place would never survive. It is generally always busy here. Bizzare really.

Jun 11, 2012

I have been going to the Pine and Bamboo for many years, and every time, the food was great. Service was on the ball and eager to please. They are happy to adjust the meals to the needs of their clients. It is not flash decor, but serviceable and clean. The wait staff are friendly and their range is great. Try it... you won't be disappointed.

Dec 22, 2011

The food is authentic and delicious! Only problem is the staff are extremely efficient to the point where you start feeling too overcrowded by them, its not a fancy place to eat either.

Apr 26, 2011

My opinion of this restaurant is tainted as a result of their continuing need to serve shark fin soup. This restaurant does not care at all about the worlds dwindling shark numbers and the near extinction of many shark species. I was so shocked by their appalling attitude towards sharks and shark fin soup that I feel the need to share it with people.

In their own words "we don't care at all about sharks or the way they are killed and we love shark fin soup." The only way to stop the practice of killing sharks for fins to is stop supporting restaurants like this one.

Jan 06, 2011

We have been going to the Pine and Bamboo restaurant for over 12 years. In all that time the decor has remained the same but that is the only fault we can find. The mermaid tresses are to die for and we always order one plate each! The shredded beef is wonderfully sweet and chilli hot at the same time, the satay and garlic prawns always a hit, and the portions of steamed rice always too big for us to finish.

The wait staff are always bustling around the restaurant and your water glass is only empty for a moment before someone fills it for you, same with drinks, no wait, no delay. I can't understand the negative comments about the Peking Duck, if you bought the whole package you'd get the meats with wonderful accompaniments. Yes you may pay a little more than your local chinese takeaway, but it's well worth it.

We now live in Cairns, but always make a point of coming in to see Happy and his busy crew every time we can when we visit Brisbane. Ignore the setting and enjoy the hustle and bustle of a real Peking styled restaurant.

Jul 24, 2010

After reading all the reviews my family and I travel over 40 minutes drive to see the fuss, to be honest we was extremely disappointed. I was bitterly disappointed by the fact that their service decline from the minute we chose not to buy any drink but instead on Chinese tea. Now for the honest review:

The service is below average to make the matter worse it a quite Tuesday night. One of the disc was mud crab ($140) we were given one tiny bowl between 5 to wash our hands and single piece of tissue each. When asking for tissue it takes forever to come.

Food is shocking our noodle with stir-fry mud crab was half way to being soup not to mention it was salty. The pecking duck was cold and sai cha bow was just average. Our steam rice was half cook thus we did not eat and ask for it be return to the kitchen. Yet when the bill comes they charge us $2.5 each even though we did not eat it (to their credit they agree not to charge us, however, disappointed by the fact we need to raise to their attention).

Ambience is so so, considering the price that they are charging I expect it to be better. The ceiling is dirty from aircond dust and little effort is made regarding decorating. Value wise our bill is $255 which I consider it a total rip off. Considering from my experience of dining out 2-3 times a week this means is worth a mere $150 -$170.

We treated them with respect and not once did we complaint, however, we did not receive same in return, when we left not a single thankyou or goodbye. I honestly would not go there again nor I would recommend. Hopefully this review reach the management and changes are made dine in July 2010.

Jul 21, 2010

After having the restaurant's Peking Duck recommended to us by a friend, we were expecting good things. Unfortunately, our dining experience was mixed to say the least.

The Peking Duck was good, albeit hideously expensive for what it was. Stupidly, we only went for the $45 pancake option, whereas the $55 two course option would have been better value for money. Our son had the spring rolls for entree, which were very small and nothing special.

Although the staff were efficient enough, they weren't the friendliest bunch we've ever met. From what we noticed, they could also be accused of being slightly biased towards serving their fellow countrymen a bit quicker than the rest of us, as evidenced by the family that sat down fifteen minutes after us and somehow managed to get three courses served before we'd even seen our mains.

When the mains finally arrived after we'd waited the best part of an hour, they turned out to be good, but nothing exceptional. The Mongolian lamb was on par with most other restaurants', while the chicken and black bean was a little bland and the chicken fu yung drowned in too much sesame oil. The servings weren't all that big and they were a bit stingy with the rice too.

All in all, after hearing good things about the place, it turned out to be a pretty disappointing experience. The ambience is woeful and you can barely hear yourself think. Having to shout at each other across the table for an hour while we waited for our food was pretty annoying, but the final kicker was when we were handed a bill for $170. I don't mind paying top dollar for good food, but when our local Chinese in Birkdale offers food as good or better (and more plentiful too) for half the money, it's hard to recommend the Pine and Bamboo.

Nov 16, 2009

Likewise, I cannot understand the poor reviews of this great Chinese restaurant. My family and I have been coming to Pine and Bamboo for 15 years and have never had a bad meal. Although the service isn't of the highest standard, they are always cheerful and accommodating, a few lessons on wine service wouldn't go astray though!

To the person who ordered the Mermaid Tresses, it is quite obvious in the meal description that it isn't scallops of the seafood variety, perhaps, a simple question to the wait staff would have enlightened you! Those who have complained about the duck don't actually seem to know what the dish actually entails, poor form to complain because your expectations aren't based on reality!

If you want a great, tasty Chinese meal in a relaxed and friendly environment then this is the place to go, not to mention great value for money.

PS. The Mongolian lamb is a must.

Nov 05, 2009

Being a chinese native, I have tasted many excellent peking ducks. I have to say this is the worst of all. The duck tasted soggy, the sauce was too sweet, and the pancake was rubbery. Overall I was disappointed.

Oct 22, 2009

I have been going to Pine Bamboo for 15 years. Obviously some of you do not understand what peking duck is. 1st Course - Is the skin only wrapped up in a small pancake with shallot, cucumber and hoisin sauce.

2nd course - the duck meat, (meat) is combined with diced onion, capsicum and spooned into a lettuce cup. That is peking duck! Also the steamed garlic prawns are a must, as the salt n pepper quail and squid. I have tried most chinese restaurants and the food at Pine Bamboo is probably the best. Awesome chinese!

Sep 25, 2009

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Subscribe to the Brisbane newsletter for deals, specials and news!