Cloudland

Bookings

Bookings are preferred
10 people + is considered a group booking

The Cellar
The Cellar is tucked away from the bustle of the main bars. This area boasts delicate furnishings, silk couture curtains, hand carved timber screens, leather chairs and intricate glass.
Seating Capacity 80
Standing Capacity 120

The Rainbow Room
Tipped as Brisbane’s most exclusive & elegant function space the airy Rainbow room on the top floor is perfect for all event types.
Seating Capacity 180
Standing Capacity 450

Wed to Sun Noon - 3pm
Wed to Sun 6pm - 10pm

Specialties

• Share Plate of Confit New Zealand King Salmon, spinach puree, caramalised onion crumble, fennel and crème fraiche

Wheelchair Access

Has Bar
Private Room

Parking

Parking Suggestions
Parking is available in the China Town Mall at a flat rate of $8.00 if you bring your parking ticket in with you when you dine Cloudland, we are able to validate this for you

Cloudland Awards

2011

Australian Hotels Association - Awards for Excellence - Best Redeveloped Hotel

2011

Australian Hotels Association - Awards for Excellence - Best Bar Presentation & Service

2010

Queensland Hotel Association - Awards for Excellence - Best Redeveloped Licensed Premises - Above $2 Million Dollars

2010

Queensland Hotel Association - Awards for Excellence - Best Redeveloped Licensed Premises - Best Bar Presentation and Service

2010

Queensland Hotel Association - Awards for Excellence - Best Redeveloped Licensed Premises - Best Employee - Kitchen (Benn Hodges)

more…

Overview of Cloudland

Cloudland's lush 'butterfly garden' brings the outdoors inside for a inimitable modern dining experience.

Located in the hub of the Valley's entertainment precinct, Cloudland is the perfect enviroment to wine, dine, meet and relax.

A welcoming and buzzy atmosphere is created amongst the gelati coloured banquette seating making this the ideal gathering place for a comfortable yet elegant catch up with friends. The affable staff will put your friends immediately at ease allowing you to simply sit back, enjoy some great company and the truly delectable menu.

The dining ambience of Cloudland suits anyone who loves a bit of luxury with both seductive and dramatic background. Guests are assured excellent food, lush surroundings and friendly professional service.

Add a Review for Cloudland

User Reviews of Cloudland, Fortitude Valley

The first visit to Cloudland was great. Great service, great food. Based on that experience, we went back. Unfortunately, this time, the experience was less than average. From the time we made the second booking, it went badly. When we got there, the place was packed, however, there were an abundance of staff so shouldn't have been a problem. The first waiter had no idea and had to go clarify everything.

Eventually took our drink orders, however, it was 30 very long minutes before we saw them. Had a change of wait staff and the service improved. Food was nice but not very much of it and they completely forgot about the gluten-free request.

In the end, the lunch was acceptable. Just. Then the bill arrived. Supposed to be a fully inclusive charge, drinks and food. So when the bill was $880 instead of $480, we were a tad surprised. Took them 30 minutes to sort it out. Would we go back again? Probably not.

Dec 18, 2011

Booked a function. When the all of us arrived they had stuffed up the booking and we stood around for 10 mins. Asked multiple times for a drink and were eventually directed to an uncleaned area. Wait staff were helpful once we were seated.

Oct 24, 2011

Ambience  9      Service  1      Value  1

Enjoyed the location and setting, however, this all was let down by the insincere bar man serving. He was grumpy and not clean looking and ordering anything felt like you were being a hindrance. Cocktails passable but I am sure there are much better places in Brisbane.

Aug 14, 2011

My wife and I flew up from Sydney to celebrate a birthday dinner at Cloudland (table of 4 people we all ordered 3 courses each). Walking into the place I never seen a place more tacky (I have been to Vegas and that feels classy compared to Cloudland). We were over serviced asked by every waiter if we want to order drinks after we ordered drinks (they could have chosen just one person to serve us).

They brought out the fish of the day which was undercooked and still cold in the middle. By the time the replacement meal came everyone else finished. To make matters worse they charged for the uncooked fish and the replacement meal.
    The maître d' did not even come over to apologise. To make matters worse that night all 4 of us fell ill!

Once returning to Sydney I contacted Cloudland about the poor experience we received. They ignored my comments, just like they ignore their service and meals. I do not want others to make the same mistake I did and go to Cloudland

Jun 23, 2011

I went there with a work friend and I have been to a lot of bars this is I must say the best looking one in the world, over all was a good night and I enjoyed it.

Mar 31, 2011

What can you say, this place is magnificent. To see it alone is worthwhile. I did notice however the tables in the main area are looking bit worse for wear and need to be touched up to continue with the great impression. I've been 3 times and eaten here twice. Both times has been for lunch so I am not sure about dinner. The service was fine and attentive. We were able to get any of the staff whenever we needed anything.

I had the gazpacho and blue swimmer crab for entree. It was great. The hiramasa kingfish for main was nice dish. Everyone else had salads and we were happy. The carafes of house wine were actually good quality and the cocktails some of the table had were well received.

Feb 16, 2011

We ate at Cloudland tonight and what can I say? It was difficult to carry on a conversation as the table we were at was a complete wedge, therefore, difficult to get in and out of if you happen to go to the very interesting toilets in the place. Going to the toilet was probably the highlight of the night. The drinks are super expensive, the food was garbage and very pretentious.

Dropped $200 for 2 people and my risotto was swimming in liquid, it was like rice soup with peas, awful. The menu was limited and the entrees were garnished with the same herbs, but in different dishes, which is lazy cooking and should have resulted in the meals coming out quicker. The wait staff were consistently stuffing things up and even the sparkling white was flat.

Overall a very expensive and unpleasant experience. Don't go there for the food, check it out have one drink and leave, super pretentious and gaudy in terms of the partially 70's decor which would be evident considering the people that run the place.

Nov 20, 2010

Chefs should be pulled aside including the head chef! we were shocked to see on saturday night september 25th the hygiene concerns for thire customers as almost all the chefs were shoving food into their mouths as they were preparing it on to the plates and having a good old chew as they worked away!.

We had a great view of this as they were in full view right at the front of the servery! we were with a party of 6 people and we all were worried about our order of desserts, we all agreed we would never eat there again! oh the younger kitchen staff use a tissue to wipe your nose not your hand.

Sep 28, 2010

We booked a table of 12 for our daughter's 21st birthday and couldn't have been happier with the ambience, service, food and value for money.

I'm guessing that management have reacted to some of the negative reviews regarding the style of the menu. I'd now describe the menu as a modern take on traditional food (haven't had beef Wellington for years!). Everyone was very happy with whatever they ordered, and the service was fast and attentive.

This was a night we will remember for a long time, I can't think of a better venue for a 21st birthday party!

Aug 29, 2010

I was so glad to have the chance to come here while I was in town. Their dress-code is a bit strict, but so be it. We were amazed by the opulence of the place and the detail that is everywhere. We asked for a round of drinks and then described to the bartender the sort of things we liked and she made up a drink just for us, it was very impressive on her part and it tasted fabulous too! It can get a bit loud, but the music selections are great, I wish I could get back to Brisbane more often to return.

Jun 24, 2010

Cloudland Cloudland Cloudland Cloudland Cloudland Cloudland « 1 of 6 photos »

Subscribe to the Brisbane newsletter for deals, specials and news!