Cafe Citrus

Cafes

Add a Review for Cafe Citrus

User Reviews of Cafe Citrus, Bulimba

Food  7      Coffee  6      Ambience  8      Service  4      Value  3

Good cafe, wonderful Apple crumble! and good coffee. Loved the atmosphere.

Sep 02, 2014

Horrible food and a waste of money. Disappointed how it can be a situation in such a great location in the heart of bulimia and serve such greasy, tasteless food. I can make better at home!

Oct 10, 2012

I love it there. I only get timely good service with a happy smile. My Smile is even greater now that they have changed their Coffee Price to $3.00 for a special roast made through Aromas. Even more reason for to go more often for Breakfast. Thanks Cafe Citrus!

Mar 27, 2011

Food  1      Ambience  1      Service  1

Although not the case for the majority of its staff, this cafe is as sour as its name, with terrible service and mediocre standard of food. On two separate occasions now we have waited over an hour for simple breakfast classics, with our last visit ending in being yelled at by a rather large and sweaty senior staff who when we politely expressed to him why we had a problem with the in total experience lasting for over an hour.

The long wait, under cooked poached eggs, and the (sarcastic) enjoyment of watching larger tables sit, order, eat and leave) while we sat waiting for 45 minutes for a quality of food which is anything but as flashy as the tacky decor. The senior staff didn't want to listen told us he would charge us with shop lifting if we didn't pay, with his angry beads of sweat dropping on our table.

The worst experience of a cafe I have ever had I definitely do not recommend this restaurant regardless of my older memories of it being the best oxford street had to offer. Cafe Citrus is definitely not worth the wait.

Feb 08, 2011

Great to notice the positive changes are ongoing. Will be back for sure.

Jun 15, 2010

We will be back that is for sure. The new Chef is certainly adding great value. The food is nicely presented and soooooo tasty. The cakes are just so moreish. Great to see that things are changing for the better!

May 27, 2010

Café Citrus is located in the heart of Bulimba's trendy Oxford Street and that is where any hope of representing anything of a trend ends. We have been a number of times purely for the convenience but we are done with it. They must have had a bad night as we easily overheard others complaining. A seemingly high turn over of inexperienced wait staff that you can hardly blame, as the look on their faces suggests they would rather go home.

A wine bottle nearly taken before it was finished and then with so much as a fleeting "sorry" dropped back into the ice bucket rather than pleasantly offering a top up. The menu is poor of choice and not appetising for many. Meals brought out before the finish of entree and not hot enough, dry chicken breast and a meditteranean pasta dish so unpalatable that the only explanation could be it was cooked in the vinegar oil marinade of the olives.

I have been known to eat food I dislike and could not finish that, what can I say it is places such as this that make you understand why you stay home and cook for yourself.

Mar 22, 2010

Mediocre at best. We seated ourselves, waited about 10 minutes to get a waiter's attention (although about three of them saw us seat ourselves and ignored us!). The wait staff were unfriendly, and the food decidedly underwhelming. Crash and burn.

Jan 04, 2010

Yesterday morning I went with my wife and two friends to Cafe Citrus for breakfast. We got there just after 1000 and our order was taken quite quickly. At about 1045, after watching a table that had arrived after we had ordered receive their breakfasts I enquired as to the status of our order. After some typical Gen Y weekend staff mumbling and fumbling I was told that the waitress had forgotten to give our order to the kitchen!

I was told that the breakfasts would be prepared straight away and we would get them in 10 minutes. I was offered four free coffees to the value of $11, hardly compensation enough for such major incompetence. 10 minutes past and we did not receive any meals. Almost 1 hour after arriving we left without eating and feeling very angry. We went across the road to where we were promptly served a tasty and cheaper breakfast with a minimum of fuss. Boycott Cafe Citrus.

Oct 12, 2009

After seating ourselves and 20 minutes later getting our own menus when the waitress finally (about another 20 minutes) came to take our order she told us she was busy watching tv! After the terrible service I at least thought we could use our entertainment book voucher, however, was told that as we ordered pizzas they did not count as main meals so we were not allowed to and also because we had not told them we had a voucher when we were seated (we seated ourselves!) we would not have been able to use it anyway.

Why if they are not cutting back on portion size or quality should they be notified of a discount voucher! Terrible service and attitude. I will never be returning.

Oct 09, 2009

Cafe Citrus Cafe Citrus Cafe Citrus Cafe Citrus Cafe Citrus Cafe Citrus

Subscribe to the Brisbane newsletter for deals, specials and news!