Fonzirelli Restaurant

Outdoor Dining

Water View

EFTPos

Overview of Fonzirelli Restaurant

Situated in the tourist hub of The Entrance on the waterfront.
Outdoor & indoor dining

Add a Review for Fonzirelli Restaurant

User Reviews of Fonzirelli Restaurant, The Entrance

If you want service this is not the place to go. Pizza's are only average and the price is a little on the higher side. Don't waste your time.

Aug 29, 2013

I get takeaway from here every week with friends and I have always found the pizzas to be above par. Best I've ever had.

May 07, 2013

I attended Fonzarellis about 6pm on Tuesday 15/1/13 with my partner and her six year old daughter and took a seat in the outdoor dining area. At the time we were the only people present and we were quickly provided with menus. I inquired if they were licenced and was informed that it was a BYO Restaurant and I could purchase alcohol from the nearby hotel which I did. No mention whatsoever of a fee which later turned out to be $3 per person.

After a brief interlude our order was taken – bruschetta for starters, a child’s pizza and two pasta dishes one with NO mushrooms. Simple one would think.

About this time a group were seated at the table behind us, and I overheard the waiter say to the group that they’d sold out of pasta. This titbit of information will become important later in my story, but I did think it odd to run out so early.

Shortly after the brushetta arrived. It was small Turkish bread cut into four, piled high with chopped tomato and a small amount of red onion and absolutely soaked in oil. Pretty ordinary really for over $9.00. Then the pizza arrived and an avocado salad. You’ll note we never ordered a salad. Don’t know who’s that was but they took the salad away.

Then came the pasta dishes. Mine was as ordered but my partner’s was piled with mushrooms despite the No mushroom request. When this was pointed out to the waiter he told her he would bring her another and took the erroneous order away. Five minutes passed without hers returning and mine was starting to get cold so I had to start eating. It was quite nice but really nothing special and for over $20 it was a small meal of about the same quality as Latina fresh pasta or some other supermarket brand.

Almost an hour after arriving at the venue, and certainly after I’d finished my meal my partner’s meal was finally served. We were told it was a fresh dish but it later dawned on us that it couldn’t have been because they’d run out of pasta per the waiters information to the table behind us. Her dish albeit mushroom free this time, was lukewarm and appeared to have been washed and recooked as it was soggy and bland, plus they’d overcompensated by piling it with an excess of cold diced bacon. She ate it out of hunger but was clearly disappointed so went to complain. The response received from the cook was; “You got what you ordered and you ate it. What’re you whingeing about?” No apology. No offer to reduce the bill or other form of compensation and they slugged us for $3 each to drink my own red wine in the outdoor (council provided) dining area.

I’ve been to Fonzarellis at its previous location a few doors up years ago, and had also been to this location more then once and each occasion was a pleasant experience and I can only imagine its changed hands since my last visit because this was anything but pleasant. It was an expensive meal of very average quality with poor service followed by abuse. As a local I’m disgusted by the staff and can only imagine what impact their behaviour would have on the tourist trade.

Jan 16, 2013

I have never experienced such rude treatment at a restaurant in my life. We purchased 2 large pizzas and sat at an unoccupied table in the outside area/ council sidewalk which had a sign saying the tables were reserved for patrons of Fonzirelli's, and we believed we were patrons after our purchase. I was with my husband, son, daughter in law, and our 3year old grandchild. There were no reserved signs on the table and the tables were not set as you would expect in any reasonable sort of restaurant.

We were asked to leave by the staff as we had purchased take away. They said it was part of their dine in area and the tables were reserved. We thought we were in a take away area. We offered to pay the extra but we continued to be harassed by the staff to leave, which we did half way through our meal. On getting up to leave I stated to the waitress I would normally clear the table after us but as they had been so rude they could do it. Her reply to this was to tell me to go away by use of extremely offensive language.

The offensive langauge used by the staff certainly reflects the quality of the service at this restaurant. Do yourself a favour and give this place a big miss. There are so many good restaurants on the Central Coast and their pizza was average.

Dec 28, 2011

We are from Sydney. Had 2 really delicious pizzas here the other night. They were so good I thought they were in the 'best we have ever had' category. I'm shocked by the comments below in regards to food but then we did only try the pizzas.

The pizza service was quick but yep, the waitress was grumpy and a bit off. How hard is it to be friendly? Put a smile on your face and this could be a great pizza place!

Nov 20, 2010

The family felt like a pizza night, we had 4 pizzas between us and they were all fantastic. Very tasty, and great value. We live local so we will definitely be going back.

May 23, 2010

From the outside it looked like a nice place to dine however we were quickly disappointed. Despite being 1 of 2 tables it took 45 mins to get our Entree and Mains delivered at the same time. My wife asked for a glass of water which she was given a warm glass of water only to have the waitress say the ice must have melted as she was bringing it out? The food was ok but nothing to rave about (your local pizza shop makes pizza just as good half the price. Overall a bad experience and would never return.

Jan 16, 2010

This your typical el-cheapo holiday location fast food joint. We had the pizza. It was okay. The service is pretty poor. As in a lot of these sorts of locations, they assume you're passing through and they don't expect to see you again. Consequently one gets the disappointing treatment.

We wanted to have a beer with our pizza. They're not licenced and told us to go down to the bottle shop about 100 metres away. When we retruned we sat in the outside, presumably council owned pergola. Yes, they were the restaurant tables and chairs. Just before we finished I noticed on the menu an "alcohol consumption" charge. Now, I have no problem with paying for corkage where some sort of service is provided, i.e. glasses, having the bottle opened, washing up etc.

But, when I sit outside in a public area, don't use their glasses, don't have them open the bottle and when I take the bottles to the bin myself, I don't expect to get charged $2 for the privilege. Needless to say, an argument ensued. Their case was that I was offered glasses (don't think I was) so I had to pay for them. That's like saying if the lady in Myers offers me a pair of jeans that I have to pay for them if I don't want them.

I'm not even sure of the legality of charging for a service not provided. Anyway, this woman was seriously rude about the whole thing. Will I be going back? Not on your life. Will I tell everyone to avoid the place. Damn right. Did I give them a tip, not likely. While I was paying, another couple bolted without paying. Probably noticed the alcohol charge. Serves them right. There are plenty of other restaurants around. Visit them instead or just go down to the pub at the end of the street. The food's good there.

Dec 13, 2009

Prawn dish I got was ok, but the lady who works there was pretty rude. The place just seems so dingy and bland and they need to work on their customer service skills.

Oct 27, 2009

How can you call this an italian restaurant! The pizzas were really bad and the pasta's were so bland that my 5 year old could do better. You people should be ashamed of serving food like this. About the service the staff are rude and don't even bother to tell their customers about the wait we waited 1 hour for our entree's just to find out after asking many times they lost our order.

All I can say is you don't deserve any good feedback and we won't be back again I wish I had read the reviews before going it would have saved our time and would have enjoyed a meal else where. Shame shame shame.

Jun 02, 2009