Passatempo Caffe Ristorante

3.1

Passatempo Caffe Ristorante doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 7 reviews

2.8

Good For Groups

Good Wine List

Add a Review for Passatempo Caffe Ristorante

User Reviews of Passatempo Caffe Ristorante, Adelaide CBD

This is without doubt one of the worst meals we have ever had. Two of us had ravioli, one with meat, the other vegetarian. The ravioli was of the poorest supermarket quality available, and the sauces were no better. The third of us had fish and chips. The chips were obviously oven chips and we suspect that the same could be said of the fish.

Our recommendation is to find somewhere else to eat. It has to be better! When we asked if we enjoyed our meal and I said no and pointed out the deficiencies, they didn't seem interested.

Nov 30, 2012

What a disappointment. My wife and I ate here for our anniversary and were absolutely underwhelmed. The staff weren't particularly friendly or polite, empty glasses/mugs remained on the table until the end, the wife's coffee had a small hair in it, my entree never arrived and my steak was undercooked. When I told the staff they took the same steak and recooked it to the proper standard and brought it back a lot tougher and with a lot less flavour (minus cutlery).

The evening was topped off with a staff member who made little attempt to apologise for the mishaps and even disputed the validity of my complaints. The whole experience left put a dampener on our special night.

Nov 26, 2011

Went here for dinner. Positives were cold glasses for beer, food was pretty good and tasty -the garlic prawns were lovely and nicely cooked, the pizza was fairly average. Negatives were that everything seemed dirty -tables sticky, bathroom filthy and smelly, floors grubby. Also cost a lot.

Oct 29, 2011

Came here for breakfast and was highly disappointed. This was The worst breakfast experience. Firstly, I asked for a Macchiato and the waitress asked what colour I wanted it to be? The simple bacon and eggs came out with hard, white, cold toast. The bacon was barely cooked. The eggs tasted "watery" and the tomato was whole and raw inside. The staff were rude. I cannot believe this place continues to be in business at such a wonderful position in Gouger St. My advice to all is avoid this place!

May 09, 2011

The whole place exudes 'lazy' - the staff, the kitchen. Really should be a higher quality of food with the markets on it's doorstep. No attention to detail, at all. The Parmesan shaker was blocked, and looked like it had been for a long time, the seafood in the marinara was overcooked and poor quality (definitely imported prawns). This restaurant hasn't changed in many years, and seems that they are just kicking back without really showing any passion for quality or service.

Mar 22, 2011

Stopped here with friends for lunch. The menu is fairly standard - menus, chicken caesars etc and the food was fairly standard, perfectly edible but not outstanding. Nothing inspirational or out of the ordinary about it but seemed fine. Serves were generous. Service was fairly quick, they were good about checking drinks, bringing another glass for the wine etc. We finished with a gelato from the gelato bar.

Nov 26, 2010

This was a terrible place for breakfast. We were really disappointed we went there. The restaurant smelt bad and the staff were not friendly. The poached eggs on toast came out and the waitress dropped the toast on the ground, and left it there. The eggs tasted of vinegar and the toast was obviously homebrand white sliced bread toasted so it was soft. The coffee was average. This was definitely the worst place I have ever had breakfast at, particularly as the fantastic central markets were just a stones throw away.

Oct 05, 2010

Passatempo Caffe Ristorante « 1 of 1 photos »

Subscribe to the Adelaide newsletter for deals, specials and news!